DES PLAINES, ILLINOIS, Sept. 4, 2002: Endeavor Information Systems announced today the Queensland Health libraries, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia are the 1100th customer to select the Voyager integrated library management system. At the 19 Queensland Health libraries, knowledge centers mainly based in large hospitals, Voyager replaces seven diverse systems.
The Voyager implementation plus the integration of Endeavor's Interlibrary Loan Module will assist the Queensland Health libraries with strategic goals, including increasing existing services to rationalize and deliver quality knowledge services and providing better support for the delivery of evidence-based medicine. The coordination of libraries through this new technology will also assist with cooperative resource development and consortium based purchasing, providing money saving and time saving opportunities. The improved infrastructure, technology and information systems will improve equitable delivery of knowledge services across the state plus containment of costs for each library.
The 19 Queensland Health libraries serve the entire state of Queensland through 38 health districts. The libraries address the clinical and research needs of 60,000 Health Department staff from rural community health centers to large metropolitan hospitals. The libraries provide diverse knowledge services and resources that support patient care, research, education and management through the government agency of Queensland Health.
"The Queensland Health libraries recognize the power of Voyager to provide complete access to the important information their clinicians and medical researchers must access each day. As a clear, open system with relevance-ranked search results and intuitive structures for users, Voyager is a very solid decision for medical libraries like the Queensland Health libraries," said Jane Burke, Endeavor's President and CEO. "Cooperative decisions toward technology and resource access help the libraries' end users, and in turn, their patients. Endeavor is delighted to name such a prominent group of libraries as our 1100th Voyager customer."
The Queensland Health libraries include:
- Alcohol and Drug Service Library, Brisbane City
- Bayside District Health Service Library, Cleveland
- Cairns Base Hospital Library, Cairns
- Central Library Services, Brisbane City
- Gold Coast Health Services Library, Southport
- Ipswich Hospital Library, Ipswich
- Logan Hospital Library, Logan
- Mackay District Health Library, Mackay
- Mt. Isa Health Services Library, Mt. Isa
- Nambour General Hospital, Nambour
- The Prince Charles Hospital Library, Chermside
- Queen Elisabeth II Jubilee Health Service District Library, Coopers Plaines
- Queensland Health Pathology and Scientific Services Library, Coopers Plaines
- Redcliffe-Caboolture Health Service District Library, Redcliffe
- Toowoomba Health Service District Library, Toowoomba
- Toowoomba Health Service District Library (Baillie Henderson), Toowoomba
- Townsville Health Library, Townsville
- Yangulla Health Sciences Library, Rockhampton
- The Park - Centre for Mental Health Library, Wacol
Since 1994, Voyager has found success in 14 countries around the globe, including five Australian states, 45 U.S. states and five Canadian provinces. Voyager is an advanced, open architecture system designed for the advancement of libraries. Voyager combines unparalleled flexibility, phenomenal speed and superior functionality to provide complete library services in one package. Voyager includes modules for Acquisitions/Serials; Cataloging; Circulation/Course Reserve; the Online Public Access Catalog; and System Administration.
About Endeavor Information Systems
Endeavor Information Systems, based in Des Plaines, IL, was founded in September 1994. Over 1,100 academic and research libraries of every size have chosen Endeavor's high performance Voyager integrated library system, 38 libraries have selected ENCompass and 46 have selected LinkFinderPlus. Endeavor offers a complete line of library solutions for traditional and digital collections. Visit Endeavor at www.endinfosys.com for more information about Voyager, ENCompass or LinkFinderPlus.