MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – December 4, 2001 – Sagebrush Corporation, a solutions provider for the K-12 library market, announced the release of Athena 9.1, the latest update to the award-winning library automation program. Highlights of the latest version include booking titles in advance to ensure availability of materials, automatic spell checking, and overall improved performance.
"We reviewed thousands of customer suggestions for this release,” said Kevin Sorensen, Athena Quality Assurance and Product Manager. “In addition to implementing new suggested features like Bookings and Hourly Checkouts, we created a great reading program search interface and selected many smaller suggestions that make Athena even easier to use. Athena customers did themselves a great service by making their wishes known. This latest version offers the user the best possible experience."
New features and innovations of Athena 9.1 include:
- Hourly checkouts
- Setting hourly loan periods
- Generating and emailing patron status reports and circulation summaries when an item is placed on hold, booked in advance, checked out, or a fine payment is made
- Renewing items by barcode number
- Spell checking text entered in the Easy Entry or MARC Entry screens and while searching the online catalog
- Extracting patron or catalog data along with current or statistical circulation data. These data sets can be used in external programs like report generators for unique reporting needs
- Enhanced reading program searches that can limit quick, advanced or visual searches to reading program levels and point values
- Specifying a search term range to better limit search results
- Printing reports to a tab-delimited text file than can be viewed and modified in most word processing and spreadsheet programs
Athena is the fully featured, flexible Windows library automation program that allows media centers to build their system one innovative add-on at a time. Award-winning Athena can efficiently manage 200,000 materials or 2000 materials—in a large public library or a small charter school. An inviting interface makes MARC cataloging and circulation tracking easy, and lets students search the entire collection with powerful search strategies, including an icon-based Visual Search and key word search. Several popular, affordable Athena add-ons easily expand the media center's reach and resources. Athena's easy installation and maintenance provide the solid automation foundation media centers need.
About Sagebrush Corporation
Sagebrush Corporation is a fast-growing leader in serving K-12 library media specialists in their quest to provide access to information, stimulate interest in reading, improve performance, and manage information across the education process. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sagebrush features Athena, Winnebago Spectrum, and the new Accent library automation systems, Econo-Clad Books, and Sagebrush Library Services.