MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – March 2, 2001 – Sagebrush Corporation, a solutions provider for the library and education markets, announced new pricing packages for its Athena and Winnebago Spectrum library management systems.
According to Karen Henrickson, Sagebrush Vice President of Technology Products, "The new pricing and packages more clearly differentiate the two programs' benefits for users. Media centers that need an all-in one solution, for example, will find the new Spectrum Suite ideal, while media centers that need a fully featured system that can grow easily and flexibly will find Athena appropriate."
About The Winnebago Spectrum Suite
The Winnebago Spectrum Suite is the all-in-one automation solution, integrating multiple library management and access tools libraries need in one powerful, flexible solution. This total-library solution provides media centers with a family of flexible, powerful, multi-functional Spectrum tools.
The Winnebago Spectrum Suite includes:
- Winnebago Spectrum 5.0, the award-winning cross-platform, client/ server solution for Windows and Macintosh compatibility. Spectrum's intuitive interface lets all students search the collection with little or no training, while allowing staff to easily manage and generate convenient HTML reports for all material, student, and circulation data.
- Visual Search for searches that are quick, easy, and fun, with colorful graphic buttons—perfect for young patrons becoming familiar with the library.
- Spectrum Z39.50 Client, enabling staff to search hundreds of libraries' MARC records simultaneously for the records and bibliographic information needed.
- Unlimited licensing, enabling libraries to install Spectrum on an unlimited number of computers in the school or library at no additional cost—saving financial resources for other expenses.
- Advance booking, ensuring that materials, equipment, and even rooms are available exactly when they're needed. Staff (and students, if allowed) can easily book (reserve) materials for a future date or range of dates.
- Spectrum MARConnect (for Windows), which makes it easy to catalog web sites and other electronic resources into the collection with a few easy steps.
- Spectrum WebConnect, which makes it easy to put electronic resources at students' fingertips by making any image, document, or web site a searchable part of the collection.
- Technical support—new Spectrum Suite customers receive one full year of Sagebrush technical support with their Winnebago Spectrum Suite purchase.
Plus, optional add-ons make it easy to put the library collection on the Internet:
The Winnebago Spectrum Suite is designed to provide media centers with all the library management tools they'll need, with the flexibility of installing each individual tool when appropriate. Media centers receive all the tools they'll need at once, but can implement each tool at any time. The Spectrum Suite is priced at $4995. Many pricing packages are available for libraries upgrading from other automation systems.
Athena is the fully featured, flexible Windows library automation program that allows media centers to build their system one innovative add-on at a time. Award-winning Athena can efficiently manage 200,000 materials or 2000 materials—in a large public library or a small charter school.
An inviting interface makes MARC cataloging and circulation tracking easy, and lets students search the entire collection with powerful search strategies, including an icon-based Visual Search and key word search. Several popular, affordable Athena add-ons easily expand the media center's reach and resources.
Athena's easy installation and maintenance provide the solid automation foundation media centers need. In addition, depending on needs, media center specialists can then add:
Athena provides power and performance in a system that's easy to expand with innovative add-ons. Athena starts at $2495, and add-on products are priced from $195–$995.
Sagebrush also sells the new Accent centralized library management system. For more information about Accent, Athena, Spectrum, or other Sagebrush products and services, call Sagebrush Corporation at 1-800-533-5430.
About Sagebrush Corporation
Sagebrush Corporation is a fast-growing leader in serving K-12 library media specialists in their efforts to provide access to information, stimulate interest in reading, improve performance, and manage information across the education process. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sagebrush features Accent, Athena, and Winnebago Spectrum library automation systems, Econo-Clad Books, and Sagebrush professional and data services.