Salt Lake City, UT, December 4, 2000. COMPanion Corporation announced today the release of Alexandria v5.4.2. v5.4.2's features follow Alexandria's power of simplicity approach to library automation solutions. Among the many new features are:
- Alexandria Explore—is an attractive and powerful iconic interface through which patrons can search the collection and perform other activities configured by the librarian.
- Study Program—enables patrons and librarians who are using study programs such as Accelerated Reader and Reading Counts to search the collection based on program name, reading levels, points, subjects, etc.
- Dictionary search interface—for patrons who want to "browse" cataloging terms for those that interest them.
- Circulation receipt printing—enables receipt printing for various activities.
- Advanced Bookings—extends reservation capabilities and aids centralized management of media centers with many requests to process every day.
- Multilingual support with Spanish translation included
- Renewal of items via Researcher client
COMPanion Corporation, headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT, is the developer of Alexandria—best known for its power and ease of use. Alexandria offers the best cross platform library automation solution for Windows and Macintosh. Alexandria provides software solutions to the K-12 education market, public and special/corporate libraries. For over 12 years, COMPanion has established itself as a leader in the K-12 education market.