OCLC's acquisition of Avatar allows accelerated development of LS/2000. A plan has been developed to integrate the unique capabilities of LS/2000 and the Avatar System during the next few months.
As a result of this integration, LS/2000 Release B, scheduled for July 1984, will contain the features described below plus additional capabilities such as:
- the ability to limit searching to items at a particular location;
- the ability to transfer items and record "in—transit" status;
- automatic creation of cross—references from 87x fields;
- flexible online record entry using workforms;
- MARC tape output, and
- reports by item classification and patron category.