For the first time, smaller libraries may now enjoy the benefits of total library automation without paying large system prices. OCLC is proud to offer its DEC 11/73 microprocessor-based system.
- DEC 11/73 microprocessor (256 KB memory) with integral self-loading 1600 BPI tape drive.
- 84 MB Winchester disk drive.
- 10 Ergonomically designed terminals with the full ALA character set.
- 2 barcode readers, including 1 portable reader for circulation backup.
- Modem; 1200 baud, 212A compatible.
- High-speed dot matrix printer.
- Total price for this system: $84,550*
Compare these benefits
- full LS/2000 integrated software
- MARC-format Master Bibliographic File accommodates partial or full MARC records.
- Online catalog with true keyword access
- Circulation control
- MARC-structured local authority file
- Online OCLC interface
- Standard profiles for varying types of libraries
- Reliable Winchester disk technology
- No extensive site preparation
- Outstanding price-performance
- OCLC's experience and commitment to library automation
- Implementation consultation
- On-site training
- Financing plans are available to avoid large capital outlays