INWOOD, WV (www.TLCdelivers.com), July 24, 1997—The Library Corporation (TLC) announced today that ITS.MARC will debut on August 1, 1997. ITS.MARC is an innovative new service that will allow any user, regardless of cataloging experience or training, Web access to TLC's pool of approximately 10 million non-royalty MARC records—-for one low fixed price, per user.
In making today's announcement, Doug Storer, ITS product manager for TLC, said, "ITS.MARC provides an essential service that gives libraries three things they need most: currency, coverage, and cost-effectiveness. First, ITS.MARC provides libraries with completely current records through databases that are updated on a daily basis. Second, our system allows anyone to conduct cataloging searches of MARC records though key word or Boolean searches—freeing catalogers to focus on more pressing technical matters. Third, our service provides access to all these records for a single low price based on library size and anticipated service need."
ITS.MARC includes the following key features:
- Web access to all 10 million non-royalty BiblioFile records (consisting of eight databases)
- Updated daily
- 16 access points to data, including keyword searches
- Choice of phrase search modes, including alphabetic, embedded phrase and implied boo lean
- Database limiting feature and control over number of items returned
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Freedom from CD towers and huge hard drives
- Databases that produce hits are easily identified
- 1,000 searches of the RLI7N database to cover any non-hits
- Pop-up: ITS editor window or queue file for later access
Free access to a trial database is now available from TLC's homepage at www.ThCdelivers.com. The password for this special database can be obtained by calling TLC at 1-800-624-0559.