Woburn, MA. Inmagic, Inc., leading developer of knowledge management and special library software, announces the release of Version 2.1 of BiblioTech PRO, its Progress RDBMS-based integrated library system for special libraries and corporate information centers.
Feature Highlights in BiblioTech PRO Version 2.1
"Version 2.1 offers BiblioTech PRO clients expanded functionality in a range of existing features: for example user-defined fields are now available in all tables and we've added record level password-controlled security. We've also introduced new enhancements such as a universal global modify utility and a user ID generation utility." said Lynda Moulton, Director of Integrated Library Systems at Inmagic.
New features in version 2.1 build on BiblioTech PRO system's core functionality: catalog/record update, index/searching (across single or multiple indices) and thesaurus builder can be enhanced with optional modules such as serials and circulation management, procurement and accounting and Web-based searching.
New or enhanced features in Version 2.1 include:
- Enhanced validation, thesaurus, searching and update functions allow users to operate with greater efficiency and accuracy
- Expanded sort-by, results sorting and special character search options along with Web linking to search results allow users to access specific information quickly
- Addition of a universal global modify utility
- Save keystrokes by using this global modification utility to batch update
- nternationalization features including customization of currency symbol and date format
- Present information in a format that meets the needs of end-users
- Record level password controlled security
- Enjoy the convenience of having desktop access without the worry of unauthorized distribution
- User-defined fields in all tables
- End users can customize tables based on their needs
- Based on Progress Software's award-winning RDBMS database, BiblioTech PRO offers special librarians and knowledge management professionals a powerful software package with a low cost of ownership. A true client/server product, BiblioTech PRO operates on a variety of servers including Windows NT, UNIX, AS/400; on the client side, it runs on all major PC and PC LAN operating systems including Windows and Windows 95 or above.
According to Inmagic CEO Philip Green: "The introductions in version 2.1 are really focused on increasing BiblioTech PRO's value as a business tool, allowing users to configure a system that meets their specific needs without extensive IT support and intervention. Progress' continuing product improvements have also added increased stability, flexibility and speed to this equation.
The bottom line: BiblioTech PRO is a library system that is stable, functional and scalable in a way that no other product on the market can match."
BiblioTech PRO version 2.1 is available through Inmagic's direct sales force or, in Europe, through Soutron Limited. For more information, contact BiblioTech PRO's national account manager, Parker Livermore, by phone at 1-800-229-8398 ext. 244 or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org. European customers can contact Soutron Limited by telephone at: +44 (0) 1332-821-800, or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Inmagic, Inc. is a global leader in providing library automation and information management software and services to corporate libraries. Harnessing leading-edge technology, the company helps information professionals manage and disseminate today's diverse corporate resources via networks, the Web and intranets, as well as stand alone PCs. Information professionals choose Inmagic software for traditional library applications as well as for the management of competitive intelligence, patents, technical reports, annual reports and photo archives. Inmagic's information management solutions are installed in more than 15,000 special libraries and information centers in over 50 countries.