McHENRY, IL - June 7, 2000 - Follett Software Company's new Follett PHD Dolphin+ scanner simplifies inventory and other time-consuming tasks in the library by making them faster and easier while producing less hand and wrist fatigue than traditional scanners. The Dolphin is a portable, lightweight scanner that applies state-of-the-art laser technology to read barcodes instantly and accurately.
Complete Tasks More Quickly, from any Location
With the Dolphin, librarians can move throughout the library to complete tasks in a more convenient and efficient manner. They can use it to:
- Take inventory at the shelves or from a cart
- Circulate from a variety of locations
- Create batch reports, such as patron lists and statistics (including transactions)
- Assign their own categories to multiple items for curriculum development (with Circulation Plus)
- Enter data for reports
- Update and delete groups of patrons, locations, categories and more
- Take attendance by scanning identification cards
- Generate bibliography lists
Designed for Ease-of-Use, Performance & Durability
The Dolphin is suitable for libraries of all sizes, no matter the number of patrons it serves or amount of transactions it performs. It operates on a new NiMH rechargeable battery that gives users up to 12 hours of uninterrupted scanning.
- Comfortable & Lightweight: The Dolphin's patented ergonomic design produces less hand and wrist fatigue. It fits either hand comfortably and weighs less than 14 ounces.
- Easy-to-Use: The Dolphin offers easy one-hand operation and reads barcodes from 3" to 36" away by simply aiming at a barcode - no contact or sweeping movement is needed
- Clear Display: Large LCD screen with oversized text makes information easy to read
- Provides Instant Notification: Notifies users whether a scan was read successfully
- Holds Thousands of Scans: Stores between 4,000-5,000 scans before requiring uploading
- Durable for Years of Use: Rugged design enables the Dolphin to withstand accidental drops and dust buildup
Bob Malone, Follett Software Company's product line manager for the Dolphin, commented, "The Dolphin is truly a top-of-the-line scanner that's a great value. It delivers the highest level of functionality and durability to help librarians compile needed information quickly and easily."
Compatible with Most Barcode Symbologies
The Dolphin reads most standard barcode symbologies, including all symbologies available from Follett Software. It works seamlessly with the company's Circulation Plus v4.1 and above for Windows and Mac OS. The Dolphin includes a rechargeable battery pack, combination stand/recharger/sending station, detachable "Y" cable for uploading and downloading, and a one-year manufacturer warranty (an extended maintenance agreement is available).
About Follett Software Company
Since 1985, Follett Software Company has provided school, public and special libraries with leading-edge library automation, Internet and curriculum resource software and services. Its Circulation Plus software, with more than 30,000 installations worldwide, is the number one selling library automation system in the K-12 marketplace. The company also has the largest base of installed Windows customers, with 15,000 users. Follett Software Company is a division of Follett Corporation, and is headquartered in McHenry, IL. In 1999, the company was ranked among the top ten largest software companies in Chicago. For additional information, call (800) 323-3397 or go to www.fsc.follett.com .