McHENRY, ILLINOIS -- September 14, 1994 -- Follett Software Company and its 275 employees moved into the firm's new headquarters on August 15, 1994. The 66,000-square-foot facility houses all of the company's operations, from project design and creation through shipping and customer support. The new Follett Software Company building is set on 6.5 acres in the 279-acre McHenry Corporate Center on Illinois Highway 31.
Averaging 28 percent growth per year since its founding in 1985, Follett Software Company provides library automation software, products and services. The steady increase in its business led the firm to build a larger headquarters while remaining part of the same community.
"We want to better serve our expanding customer base, support our growing product line into the next century, and stay where our people are, here in McHenry," says Charles (Chuck) R. Follett, Jr., president of Follett Software.
Ground-breaking took place in the fall of 1993, and Follett occupied the building somewhat ahead of initial projections. The company previously operated in smaller square footage at two leased locations in McHenry. The larger of Follett's former spaces will be taken over in 1995 by, appropriately enough, the McHenry Public Library.
Follett Software is a division of Follett Corporation, a Fortune 1,000 company that is also listed in the Forbes 400 survey of America's largest privately owned corporations. In 1992, Crain's Chicago Business listed Follett Corporation among the top 30 private firms in the Chicago area.
The firm's new address for correspondence is 1391 Corporate Drive, McHenry, Illinois, 60050-7041. Phone numbers are (815) 344-8700 or (800) 323-3397. Follett's fax number is (815) 3448774.
Follett Software Company is the leading developer of library microcomputer software in America, with more than 20,000 installations of its flagship product, Circulation Plus.