FREE Upgrades for Current Library.Solution Users to be Provided
More than 40 New Features and Enhancements in Cataloging, Information Management, Security, Circulation and System Configuration Included
RESEARCH PARK, Inwood, WV, May 22, 1998. The Library Corporation (TLC), a major developer of library automation systems, today announced it has released a powerful new version of its flagship, turnkey, fully-integrated library automation system, Library.Solution, which debuted approximately one year ago and is already contracted for installation in more than 100 libraries around the world. The new release -Library.Solution Version 1.4-contains more than 40 new features and enhancements and is now available for purchase by the library community worldwide. In addition, a full upgrade of the new release will be provided free of charge to current Library.Solution users.
System enhancements and new features include the following:
- New System Configuration for Easier Access to Information
- New Add or Edit 856 Field Menu
- New PAC Search and Browse Features
- Purchase Alerts
- Activity Checkouts by Class and Patron Type
- New Options in Circulation Management
- More Robust User and Circulation Security
- Enhanced Cataloging Security
- New Safeguards to Batch Load Record Utility
- New Online Customer Support
- New Item Status Display and Hold Features
- Hourly Summary Reports
Library.Solution is currently in use in libraries of all sizes and types around the globe, ranging from the US Department of State FSI/Library to the University of Malawi (Africa) Library. The product has established a well-earned reputation for providing a comprehensive, customized, cost-efficient automation solution. Library.Solution utilizes the Windows NT™ operating system, Intel compatible hardware, an Oracle database and Internet linkage, thereby offering a library's staff and patrons access to up-to-date information in a manner already familiar to them.
The Library Corporation, developers of BiblioFile software, is a leading edge library automation company that has been serving the industry for more than 20 years. Recently, TLC established free access to its Cataloger's Reference Shelf via the World Wide Web and documented that it was the first company to deliver a full, working ISO compliant ILL implementation. In addition to Library.Solution, some of TLC's other recent innovations include:
- TLC.Partner: a cutting-edge fixed fee outsourcing solution providing complete central site hardware and software necessary to automate all types of libraries. With TLC.Partner, libraries simply select the system, software, features and supplemental products. TLC handles installation, training, customer support, and regular upgrades at no additional cost.
- ITS.MARC: a new service that will allow any user, regardless of cataloging experience or training, web access to TLC's pool of approximately 10 million non-royalty MARC records.
- Net.PAC: a state-of-the-art service providing patrons unlimited access to a library's public access or consortium catalog via the World Wide Web.
- Site.Solution: a revolutionary Internet service helping organizations of all types establish customized sites on the World Wide Web.