Woburn, MA--Inmagic, Inc., leading developer of library automation and information retrieval software for the Web, intranets, CD-ROM and LANs, today announced the release of DB/TextWorks version 4.0, designed for information management on desktops and networks (Windows 95/NT). This version of the 32-bit sophisticated text management package incorporates MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) and adds such features as integrated email, images in reports, and scripting capabilities to streamline repetitive tasks.
Also announced is DB/Text for Libraries, a DB/TextWorks application designed specifically for the management of catalogs, serials, loans and orders in corporate libraries.
DB/TextWorks 4.0 Feature Highlights
DB/TextWorks version 4.0 is packed with significant new features, many of which are included in response to user requests:
- Integrated email--Simplifies delivery of reports to one or many email addresses from within DB/TextWorks.
- Pictures (logos) in forms and screens--A company logo, for example, can be included on all menu and search screens.
- Images in reports--Reports can feature mixed text and graphics.
- Improved form designer--Includes the ability to specify background color for forms, boxes and more.
- Cascading search menus--A search menu can open another search menu for easier navigation.
"DB/TextWorks version 4.0 sets a new standard in terms of customization," said Inmagic president and CEO Phillip Green. "We heard our users asking for a product that lets them perform more complex tasks with increasing ease, and that's what we've delivered."
DB/Text for Libraries
The DB/Text for Libraries application, designed to optimize DB/TextWorks version 4.0 features in the library, includes these highlights:
- Use of scripts, translating into fewer keystrokes for serials check-in and for circulation.
- Forms and screens for use with Inmagic's DB/Text WebPublisher, including a ready-designed OPAC layout for easy mounting of the catalog on the Web or intranet.
- Shorter screens and less scrolling.
- Improved "look and feel" of many operations.
- Extra on-screen assistance reduces user dependency on online help.
- More statistical reports.
Inmagic DB/TextWorks customers can contact Inmagic at 800-229-8398 or a local Inmagic dealer for details on upgrading to DB/TextWorks 4.0 and DB/Text for Libraries. Complete information on new features is available at www.inmagic.com. An upgrade for DB/SearchWorks“ , a search-only version, is also available, as well as a free patch for DB/Text WebPublisher. The Inmagic line of products is available through the company's direct sales force and worldwide network of value-added resellers. Free trial versions of Inmagic products and a listing of local resellers are available from the company's web site, www.inmagic.com. Contact Inmagic at 800-229-8398/781-938-4442 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inmagic, Inc. is a global leader in providing library automation and information management software and services to corporate libraries. Harnessing leading-edge technology, the company helps information professionals manage and disseminate today's diverse corporate resources via networks, the Web and intranets, as well as stand alone PCs. Information professionals choose Inmagic software for traditional library applications as well as for the management of competitive intelligence, patents, technical reports, annual reports and photo archives. Inmagic's information management solutions are installed in more than 15,000 special libraries and information centers in over 50 countries.