McHENRY, IL - August 30, 1999 - Patron pictures, an easy MARC editor, more user-friendly icons and expanded reporting capabilities are just a few of the many highlights in Follett Software Company's latest release of its top-selling library automation software for K-12 schools and districts. Circulation Plus, Catalog Plus and Alliance Plus v4.0 for Windows deliver dozens of new features that simplify library management and enhance patron searching.
New Features Meet Staff & Patron Needs
Version 4.0 offers many new features that will help media specialists manage their libraries more efficiently and ensure patrons find the information they need more quickly and easily. Highlights of this release include:
- Patron pictures: Add extra security by including patrons' pictures on the checkout screen.
- Easy editor: This cataloging tool helps those without extensive knowledge of MARC 21 perform routine cataloging and data maintenance.
- Custom bibliographies: Patrons can collect title information and create custom bibliographies as they search by adding titles to their "Bookbag." They can edit, save and print their lists.
- Larger, easier-to-read icons: Library staff can configure their search screens with large or small icons and designate which icons will appear on the screen.
- New reports: Help library staff gather valuable statistics quickly, such as added/updated titles, category details, date slips, spine/pocket labels, used/unused barcode reports and more.
The new programs also feature a standardized interface among applications, additional toolbar icons and convenient cross-platform searching. Plus, library staff can print transactions for their own records or for patrons with the company's new Receipt/Transaction Printer option available for Circulation Plus for Windows. All of the programs are touchscreen compatible.
"The v4.0 release makes our software so easy to use, regardless of age or comfort level with technology," said Tom Schenck, Follett Software Company's president. "Patrons and library staff alike will be able to locate materials more quickly and complete operational tasks in fewer steps - saving everyone valuable time."
Software Helps Manage, Search & Catalog
Circulation Plus is Follett Software's award-winning circulation and collection management software. The company's Catalog Plus software puts library collections online for electronic searching and offers library staff cataloging assistance. Alliance Plus delivers more than 1.5 million quality MARC 21 records via CD-ROM for convenient, ongoing cataloging. And, like Follett's previously released Windows-based product versions, v4.0 is Y2K compliant.
About Follett Software Company
Since 1985, Follett Software Company has provided school, public and special libraries with leading-edge library automation, Internet and curriculum resource software and services. Its Circulation Plus software, with more than 29,000 installations worldwide, is the number one selling library automation system in the K-12 marketplace. Follett Software Company is a division of Follett Corporation, and is headquartered in McHenry, IL. The company was recently ranked among the top ten largest software companies in Chicago. For additional information, call (800) 323-3397 or go to www.fsc.follett.com.