McHENRY, IL - October 13, 1999 - The most robust line of Macintosh-based library automation software for the K-12 market is now available from Follett Software Company. The new v4.0 release expands patron offerings with new Internet capabilities and enhanced searching that make information even more easy to access, including from home. It also simplifies library operations with extensive reporting and instant cataloging help. The release includes updated, Y2K compliant versions of the company's top-selling Circulation Plus, Catalog Plus and Alliance Plus, plus new WebCollection Plus and Z39.50 Server Internet solutions.
"Version 4.0 makes searching easier with a more appealing interface and online access-now students can search for library resources over the Internet at anytime," said Tom Schenck, Follett Software Company's president. "We've really met and exceeded many of our Mac customers' requests with this release."
Updated Circulation & Searching/Cataloging Software
Circulation Plus v4.0 will help library staff manage the library more efficiently with easier setup, added security and more extensive reporting capabilities. The new Catalog Plus software offers library staff instant cataloging help and brings patrons broader, yet easier searching. Some highlights include:
- Built-in support of the 856 electronic access MARC tag: Patrons can quickly retrieve relevant materials on the Internet and Intranet.
- Easy-to-use MARC Editor: An online MARC guide assists library staff with cataloging as they work. Create and edit records with point-and-click ease.
- Custom bibliographies: Patrons can collect title information and create custom bibliographies as they search by adding titles to their "Bookbag." They can edit, save and print their lists.
- New reports: Help library staff gather valuable statistics quickly, such as collection value, added/updated titles, category details, shelflist statistics, date slips, spine/pocket labels, used/unused barcode reports and more.
- Larger, easier-to-read icons: Library staff can configure search screens with large or small icons and designate which icons will appear on the screen.
- Patron pictures: Add extra security by including patrons' pictures on the checkout screen.
Search Libraries Online & Share Collections Worldwide with New Internet Solutions
New to Macintosh, WebCollection Plus breaks down library walls to provide other schools and the community with 24-hour remote access to library collections over the Internet. All visitors need is a library's URL address and a web browser. With WebCollection Plus, users can:
- Access the collection from any computer that is Internet/Intranet-ready and runs a frames-supported web browser
- Search the library when it is closed
- Submit interlibrary loan and hold requests for items that are unavailable
- Define a unique links page to point patrons to other web sites and information resources
- Customize the library's WebCollection Plus page to include events
And with our new Z39.50 Server, libraries can put their collections online for anyone around the world to access. The Z39.50 Server can also help libraries obtain state funding for automation projects. It complies with Version 3 of the Z39.50 standard.
About Follett Software Company
Since 1985, Follett Software Company has provided school, public and special libraries with leading-edge library automation, Internet and curriculum resource software and services. Its Circulation Plus software, with more than 29,000 installations worldwide, is the number one selling library automation system in the K-12 marketplace. Follett Software Company is a division of Follett Corporation, and is headquartered in McHenry, IL. The company was recently ranked among the top ten largest software companies in Chicago. For additional information, call (800) 323-3397 or go to www.fsc.follett.com.