NISO will host a two–day meeting to take place in Baltimore, Maryland on October 5 & 6, 2015 on The Future of Library Discovery. In February 2015, NISO published a white paper commissioned from library consultant Marshall Breeding by NISO's Discovery to Delivery Topic Committee. The in-person meeting will be an extension of the white paper with a series of presenters and panels offering an overview of the current resource discovery environment. Attendees will then participate in several conversations that will examine possibilities regarding how these technologies, methodologies, and products might be able to adapt to changes in the evolving information landscape in scholarly communications and to take advantage of new technologies, metadata models, or linking environments to better accomplish the needs of libraries to provide access to resources.
For the full agenda, please visit: http://www.niso.org/news/events/2015/October_discovery/agenda_discovery_forum/
Confirmed speakers include:
- Opening Keynote: Marshall Breeding, Independent Library Consultant, www.librarytechnology.org
- Scott Bernier, Senior Vice President, Marketing, EBSCO
- Michael Levine-Clark, Professor / Associate Dean for Scholarly Communication and Collections Services, University of Denver Libraries
- Gregg Gordon, President & CEO, Social Sciences Research Network (SSRN)
- Neil Grindley, Head of Resource Discovery, Jisc
- Steve Guttman, Senior Product Manager, ProQuest
- Karen Resch McKeown, Director, Product Discovery, Usage and Analytics, Gale | Cengage Learning
- Jason S. Price, Ph.D., Director of Licensing Operations, SCELC Library Consortium
- Mike Showalter, Executive Director, End-User Services, OCLC
- Christine Stohn, Product Manager, ExLibris Group
- Julie Zhu, Manager, Discovery Service Relations, Marketing, Sales & Design, IEEE
- Closing Keynote: Peter Murray, Library Technologist and blogger at the Disruptive Library Technology Jester
This event is generously sponsored by: EBSCO, Sage Publications, ExLibris Group, and Elsevier. Thank you!
Early Bird rates until September! The cost to attend the two-day seminar in person for NISO Members (Voting or LSA) is only $250.00; Nonmember: $300.00; and for Students: $150.00. To register, click here.
Please visit the event page for the most up-to-date information on the agenda, speakers and registration information.
For any questions regarding your in-person or virtual attendance at this NISO event, contact Juliana Wood, Educational Programs Manager, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 301.654.2512.