Austin, Texas - August 4, 2015 - Biblionix, the major 2015 award winner for library automation systems, today announced integration between its Apollo cloud-based ILS and Michigan's MeLCat ILL system. This integration provides for new efficiencies for staff and an increased service level for patrons. The key was the implementation of NCIP, but Biblionix went above and beyond by adding additional shortcuts.
"What a difference NCIP makes. We are so excited about a decreased workload now that MeL is able to utilize what Apollo has available for us! Auto check-out and check-in with MeL and Apollo now syncs. Patrons can renew their books through MeL and Apollo sees it," said Laura Hauch, ILL Coordinator of the Buchanan District Library, "The ILL processing time has been cut in half! Thank you Apollo!"
Here are the typical NCIP advantages:
- No need to send patron data to MeLCat.
- No need to create temporary records for ILLs.
- Synchronized checkouts and checkins between MeLCat and Apollo.
- Patrons can renew items through MeLCat and Apollo is updated instantly with no staff action required.
Here's how Apollo leveraged NCIP to save even more time and headaches:
- No need to log into MeLCat to renew patron accounts.
- No need to send MARC to MeLCat.
- No need to determine if an item is an ILL prior to checkin. An ILL alert is provided.
- A daily update to item status is available to MeLCat allowing Apollo libraries to be skipped on requests for unavailable items. In other words, staff does not need to answer such extraneous requests.
- Apollo's normal reserve process is utilized, thus minimizing the need for special processes. The normal process includes the printing of reserve "wrappers" and the sending of automated emails and texts to notify the patron.
- Apollo's normal Reserve Search List is used for pulling items for outgoing ILLs (thus merging ILL management into normal reserve processes).
This capability is available immediately and is offered free of charge. Apollo customers wishing to take advantage should contact MeLCat. Public libraries interested in changing to Apollo are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-800-8625 #1.
About Biblionix, LLC
Biblionix and its Apollo Automation System are devoted solely to public libraries. This singular focus lets Biblionix excel at delighting just one type of customer. Already in 2015, its Apollo Automation System has received 3 major accolades:
- Apollo topped all ILS products in Marshall Breeding's "Perceptions" survey; for the 6th year in a row
- Apollo topped 45 ILS and IT companies in LibraryWorks' "2015 Library Purchasing Survey"
- Apollo received the top/Platinum ranking in LibraryWorks' "2015 Modern Library Awards"