Emeryville, CA—Innovative announced today that over 100 libraries went live on the Sierra Library Services Platform or the Polaris ILS just in the month of June. The 15 library systems include academic and public institutions in Australia, Europe, North America, and South Africa:
- American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY)
- Fletcher Free Library (Burlington, VT)
- Irish Public Libraries (Ireland nationwide)*
- London South Bank University (London, UK)
- Lorain County Community College (Elyria, OH)
- North West University (Noordbrug, South Africa)
- Nova Scotia Legislative Library (Halifax, Canada)
- Occidental College (Los Angeles, CA)
- Richmond Public Library (BC, Canada)
- Santa Clara County Library District (Campbell, CA)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA)
- State Library of South Australia (Adelaide, Australia)
- Trident Technical College (Charleston, SC )
- University of South Africa (Pretoria, South Africa)
- Vaal University of Technology (Vanderbijlpark, South Africa)
This group includes libraries migrating from competing systems including Dynix Classic, Horizon and Symphony (provided by SirsiDynix); and Galaxy (provided by Axiell).
"We are very pleased with the ongoing adoption of Innovative's technology platforms and the rapid pace with which new libraries are going live," says SVP of Services & Support Marina Keating. "Our streamlined implementation processes and support services ensure that libraries have a partner that works closely with and supports them as they build and sustain services to their users in an environment of rapid technological change."
Innovative (www.iii.com) is dedicated to providing leading technology solutions and services that empower libraries and enrich their users worldwide. Innovative offers one of the broadest and most complete portfolios of library automation products on the market today. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Innovative serves thousands of libraries in 66 countries and has offices around the world.