Vancouver, Canada – July 31, 2014. Lucidea's CuadraStar (SKCA) will be represented at this year's Society of American Archivists Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. from August 10th through 16th.
SAA's Annual Meeting consistently includes a "wide array of informative education sessions, pre-conference workshops, networking opportunities, special events, exhibits, and tours of local repositories." This year's theme is ARCHIVES * RECORDS: Ensuring Access, and CuadraStar is proud to participate once again.
Per the SAA website, "Ensuring access" means many things to different people, from taking the steps necessary to be confident that digital records created today will be available for use by future researchers… to raising awareness about collections so that information gets into the hands of people who need it… to finding ways to raise the funds needed to sustain long-term archives programs." CuadraStar's SKCA platform is ideally suited to help further these goals.
You can stop by and visit a Lucidea CuadraStar representative at Booth #205 where you can have look at the many new features added to the CuadraStar Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA) in the latest release, such as:
- Support for Chrome and Safari
- Direct links to CuadraStar, allowing for links from blog posts, web pages, online newsletters, email, etc.
- Support for online ordering from the public access catalog, with integration into the Research Services module
- Support for deep linking into OCLC's WorldCat
- New batch operation for changing the locations of folders
- Enhancements to the capabilities for generating EAD (Encoded Archival Description) files
- Additional configuration options for form text used in displays and reports
- New configuration option for the Accession Number format
- Additional online help pages
- Two additional statistical reports, both of which can be downloaded in CSV format
Among the organizations that have implemented CuadraStar Knowledge Center for Archives recently are American Dental Association; the Troy University Archives; Mount St. Mary's College; Pike's Peak Library District; the Rosenberg Library; the Westminster Schools Archives; Longwood Gardens, and Butte County, California. If you're interested in seeing the many features and benefits of SKCA that make Lucidea CuadraStar a trusted technology partner for these and other organizations of note, visit Booth #205 in the Exhibit Hall at the Marriott Wardman Park. When you do, they'll enter your name in a drawing to win an iPad.
For further information about CuadraStar's Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA), or any of Lucidea's other knowledge management, or museums and archives products, please phone 604 278 6717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Lucidea is the premier knowledge management software company, helping people navigate the ever-expanding universe of information, turning it into actionable knowledge. We achieve this by providing tools that accelerate access to knowledge resources, while simplifying their management. For further information about any of Lucidea's knowledge management, museums, archives, legal portal or cost recovery products, please call (604) 278-6717, email email@example.com or visit our website at www.lucidea.com.