Atlanta, GA - May 6, 2014 - LYRASIS members elected three new Board of Trustees members, who will each serve a three-year term. The new Board members will start their terms on July 1, 2014.
The LYRASIS Member Election was open for two weeks, beginning March 31 and closing April 11. LYRASIS members voted for candidates to fill the open Board positions, which included two representatives from academic and/or research libraries and one at-large representative from any library or cultural heritage organization.
The new Board Members are:
- 2 Academic and/or Research Library Representatives:
- Wanda Brown - Associate Dean - Wake Forest University
- Jay Schafer - Director of Libraries, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- At-Large Representative from any Library or Cultural Heritage Organization:
- Leborah Robinson - Director of Library Services - Tallahassee Community College
"LYRASIS is honored to have these distinguished library and information professionals serve on our Board of Trustees. The LYRASIS Board of Trustees represents the voices of the membership. Their firsthand experience and knowledge lead LYRASIS and determine organization priorities and policies and ensure the effectiveness of our operations. We are grateful for their service and appreciate the participation from members in our annual election." stated Kate Nevins, Executive Director of LYRASIS.
LYRASIS partners with member libraries and cultural heritage organizations to create, access and manage information with an emphasis on digital content, while building and sustaining collaboration, enhancing operations and technology, and increasing buying power. For more information, please visit www.lyrasis.org.