Bethesda, MD, USA (November, 2008) - RefWorks-COS announces the launch of its new brand, reflecting the successful merger of the RefWorks and COS organizations announced by parent company ProQuest earlier this year.
Under the RefWorks-COS banner, the organization will continue to leverage the strengths of each organization and create beneficial links among its services, while maintaining its existing product brands. RefWorks-COS provides indispensable tools and services for information discovery and management related to research across all disciplines. The company today supports the entire research continuum—from locating available grants to managing the research and writing process to identifying opportunities for publication.
"The underlying mission of both business units is to support the work of researchers and research institutions. Since the merger, we have focused on developing the clear synergies between our information services and technologies, bringing new value to our customers," says Jeff Baer, General Manager of RefWorks-COS. "The speed and energy with which we are developing joint opportunities shows what a good fit this clearly is, and I think our new brand symbolizes that."
The RefWorks-COS product suite includes:
- RefAware: up-to-the minute access to published articles and research
- COS Funding Opportunities: a vast database of international funding opportunities
- COS Scholar Universe: searchable profiles of two million scholars and researchers worldwide
- RefWorks: a comprehensive online toolset for helping researchers manage, share and cite all forms of information gathered during research
- Papers Invited: a database of nearly 12,000 calls for papers from conferences and societies all over the world
- Conference Papers Index: providing citations to papers and posters sessions presented at major scientific conferences around the world
- COS.com Funding Opportunities and COS Expertise: administrator-focused tools for institutional research managers
- Author Resolver: a web-based, disambiguating author information service for publishers or platform providers
The combined organization is already delivering crossover solutions that draw from the competencies of RefWorks and COS. For example, in August 2008, both RefWorks and RefAware integrated the Author Resolver service, providing users with access to concise profiles of authors extracted from the COS Scholar Universe database. The enhancement
provides users of the services with greater depth of information about their research subjects.
Other integration projects are planned for release in 2009.
More information about the company and its solutions can be found at its newly launched website, www.refworks-cos.com.
RefWorks-COS provides tools and services for every phase of research, from discovering the very latest developments, finding grants, identifying collaborators and thought leaders, to managing research information, sharing resources, writing papers, or locating opportunities to present or publish findings. Committed to support research in virtually any kind of research organization – from academia to corporations, government agencies and medical facilities, RefWorks-COS provides indispensable tools for researchers at every step of the research process. RefWorks-COS is a business unit of ProQuest, LLC.
ProQuest, LLC creates specialized information resources and technologies that propel successful research and lifelong learning. More than a content provider or aggregator, ProQuest is an information partner, creating indispensable research solutions that connect people and information. For further information on ProQuest, go to www.proquest.com.