Danvers, Mass. – Copyright Clearance Center, Inc. (CCC), a not-for-profit organization and leading provider of licensing solutions, announced a record royalty payment of $171.1 million to rightsholders in FY11, an increase of more than 10% over the previous year ($154.3 million). During the last 10 years, CCC has distributed more than $1.3 billion to rightsholders.
"Rights licensing is playing a bigger role than ever as publishers and authors seek to diversify their revenue streams and find new ways to monetize content," said Tracey Armstrong, CEO of CCC. "As rightsholders continue to explore new business models, CCC's technology and licensing solutions help open new doors of opportunity."
CCC draws on over 30 years of expertise to create innovative licensing solutions that help rightsholders drive new revenues by reaching content users around the world. CCC simplifies the licensing process, making it easier for rightsholders to monetize valuable content while also helping content users obtain the permissions they need. CCC provides rightsholders with sophisticated online reports and usage data so they can develop the most lucrative licensing strategies.
CCC's licensing services enable rightsholders to reach more than 20 million employees from 35,000 organizations around the world, as well as thousands of colleges and universities. Offerings include:
- Annual Copyright License – Helps rightsholders make it easy for content users around the world to get permission to share and re-use content digitally.
- Pay-Per-Use Services – A suite of licensing services that enable rightsholders to ensure that rights to their content are available to users instantly.
- Get It Now – Provides library patrons with immediate fulfillment of full-text articles from unsubscribed journals through cost-effective, easy-to-use application integrated into inter-library loan workflow and/or OpenURL Link Resolver.
- RightsLink - Enables publisher's to provide licensing services at the point-of-content, such as on a website or within a publishers' mobile application.
- RightsCentral - Leverages a wide range of tools for rightsholders to manage their business with CCC and inform future licensing decisions.
About Copyright Clearance Center, Inc.
Copyright Clearance Center (CCC), the rights licensing experts, is a global rights broker for the world's most sought after materials, including in- and out-of-print books, journals, newspapers, magazines, images, blogs and ebooks. Founded in 1978 as a not-for-profit organization, CCC provides smart solutions that simplify the licensing of content that lets businesses and academic institutions quickly get permission to use copyright-protected materials, while compensating publishers and content creators for the use of their works. For more information, visit www.copyright.com.