The University of Rochester is pleased to announce the release of its open source institutional repository, IR+, version 2.1. Following a successful production launch at the University of Rochester on August 16, 2011, IR+ 2.1 is now available to the entire community.
The IR+ system is based on extensive user research. With portfolios, personal workspaces, and publication listings, it offers useful tools for researchers and extends the role of the repository into the authoring process. IR+ is a fully featured digital repository management solution, whose goals are to meet the needs of any organization that needs to author, publish and preserve digital information.
The download and documentation can be found at http://www.irplus.org
The new version has many new features and updates. These include:
- Support for MARC 21 file import and export. IR+ can now import MARC21 (.mrc) files, and export MARCXML and MARC21 (.mrc) files.
- MARCXML information can now be harvested from IR+ through OAI.
- The following types of files: jpg, tiff, tif, jpeg, png, gif and bmp in institutional publications are now automatically opened in the browser.
- Moving files and folders in a published institutional publication and then selecting Finish Later took users to the workspace rather than to the full publication.
- View of the file system in the first step of Create Publication now shows files and folders ordered by type: folders first, alpha, then files alpha.
- Final step of submission screen now shows full publication name - previously did not show articles (A, The, ...) .
- IE issue when users change logo - larger logos caused the header to go beyond set width. Updated to logo 50 percent and links 50 percent.
- If URL was not correctly entered by user In a publication it caused an exception on item_files_frag.jsp. Updated to use ItemLink.urlValue rather than ItemLink.url so no exception caused by incorrect url.
- Displays processing window when deleting personal publications. This prevents users from trying to perform actions while the delete is occurring.
- Change in default license for the repository now requires the license to be accepted when the user visits their workspace.
- Researcher pages picture upload: if no primary picture exists, the uploaded picture becomes the primary picture. If the primary picture is deleted and other pictures exist the next picture in the set becomes the primary picture.
- No longer require researcher page abilities for administrator privileges. Administrators may not need this privilege and can add it at a later time if needed to their own accounts.
- Fixed issues with IE and FF related to add/remove of Other Title.
- Fixed license display so users can scroll to view entire license in IE.
- Metadata: separation of Publication from Publisher.
- CSS was not correct on some images with multiple classes.
- Fixed null pointer issue in collection searching when collection no longer exists.
- Updated link to YUI library.
- Moved tag library tld file to WEB-INF to fix issue with Tomcat 7.