Bethesda, MD – June 16, 2011 -For over two years, LibLime has worked with Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (WALDO), to build an ILS specifically for academic libraries. LibLime Academic Koha is the result. Designed, tested and used by academic librarians, LibLime Academic Koha offers the right platform for making an ILS be all that it can be. With LibLime and WALDO, academic librarians have the opportunity to work with like-minded professionals toward a shared goal of designing software that works for them.
Overview- LibLime Academic Koha
LibLime Academic Koha offers a host of features for academic libraries. These features were designed, tested, and are used today by 26 WALDO libraries. As more functionality is added to the application, more libraries are joining the WALDO group.
Over the next few months, LibLime and WALDO will share details of these features. What follows below is a summary of some of the most important elements of Academic Koha.
- Course reserves
- ‡biblios-A full featured MARC editor and supplemental cataloging tool, including creating/editing items and summaries
- Summary holdings records
- Authority Control-able to import a single authority record or a set of authority records; additional features to be added soon
- Enhanced indexing for music records
- Academic level Circulation- enhancements include hourly loans, overnight loans, term loans, item recalls, and proxy borrowing
- Call Slip processing
- Enhanced OPAC – new search functions for faster, friendlier, and more precise academic searching
- Browse indexes for patrons and staff
- Global Update functions-for Bibliographic, summary, item and patron records.
- GetIt- A full featured acquisitions module
Westchester Academic Library Directors Organization (WALDO) is a membership organization supporting the procurement & administration of electronic information services for libraries since 1982. Supporting over 900 member libraries, WALDO offers consortial discounts for over 5,000 products and services. For more information, please visit WALDO at www.waldolib.org or contact Rob Karen at email@example.com or (800) 326-6495 ext. 1. Other advantages of choosing a LibLime solution through WALDO include volume discounts, standard contracts, consolidated renewal and centralized billing. Participation in the LibLime discounts through WALDO is available to all WALDO members.
About LibLime, a division of PTFS
LibLime, a division of PTFS, is the global leader in professional Koha support. LibLime's robust staff of programmers, data specialists, librarians, system administrators and project managers, provides first class consulting, implementation, data migration, training, development, and maintenance/hosting services for Koha in libraries of all types and sizes. PTFS is the developer of the world's leading digital content management software, ArchivalWare, and also specializes in library staffing requirements, digitization, and systems integration. For more information, see liblime.com or ptfs.com or archivalware.net