June 2, 2010, Wiesbaden, Germany – HARRASSOWITZ, international booksellers and subscription agents, announced today the successful launch of OttoSerials Renewal Management, a new online tool that allows customers to manage their subscription renewal process through OttoSerials, HARRASSOWITZ’s online management system for serials and standing orders.
HARRASSOWITZ’s new OttoSerials Renewal Management tool has been designed to reduce the time it takes to process subscription renewals by combining the familiar OttoSerials user interface with additional capabilities that allow users to view their annual renewal list in real time and instantly submit their renewal instructions to HARRASSOWITZ.
Additionally, OttoSerials Renewal Management features the following advantages:
- An expenditure summary, showing the amounts that have been specified for renewal and for cancellation, to assist libraries in meeting their budget targets
- Real-time display of title information as it is received by HARRASSOWITZ; including up-to-date prices and publisher and title changes
- Display of complete title details
- Display of package components for bundled products
- Display of alternate subscription options for a title
- Ability to limit the list by sub-account, fund, medium, and other criteria, in order to work on portions of the list
"Renewal season is a busy time for libraries and HARRASSOWITZ is pleased to offer our customers a new online option that will simplify and streamline workflows." said Tina Feick, Director of Sales and Marketing for North America. "In addition, OttoSerials Renewal Management improves the accuracy of the renewal process by providing customers with the most up-to-date price and bibliographic information available to HARRASSOWITZ."
Established in 1872, HARRASSOWITZ is a global full-service subscription agent and bookseller headquartered in Wiesbaden, Germany, specializing in the distribution of scholarly e-resources, periodicals, books, and music scores to academic and research libraries.