April 16, 2010 -- Emeryville, CA. Innovative announced today the launch of Encore Synergy, the only discovery solution that fully integrates next-generation article discovery technology into a cutting-edge library discovery platform.
Deep Article Integration in Encore Synergy
With Encore Synergy, library users benefit from all the features of Encore Discovery, which has already gone beyond the library catalog by including library programs, harvested digital collections, electronic journals, eBooks, and more in a single search. Now, Encore Synergy's Deep Article Integration folds articles into the environment of local discovery, providing a superior user experience that includes single log-in support for all functions, consistent displays, and seamless, intuitive transitions between article and local catalog modes. Encore Synergy achieves its integration natively, eliminating the need for data loading or synchronization by library staff.
Key Features of Encore Synergy
Encore Synergy applies all of the principles of Encore to the world of article discovery, so that users:
- discover both articles and local collections from a single search box
- are presented with article-specific relevance and facets such as full text and peer reviewed for article results
- benefit from RightResult relevance and local-collections facets in catalog results
- are offered smart alternatives for discovery based on the library's expertise and metadata
- see live results from article databases and the local catalog in a single search, including direct linking to all available full-text
- discover all of the article resources the library offers, without being limited to a given discovery vendor's resources. Encore Synergy is content-neutral.
Commitment to the Library User
"Encore Synergy continues the commitment that Innovative has made to the library user: timely, relevant results in an easy-to-navigate solution," says John McCullough, Vice President of Innovative's Encore Division. "It offers the ease of a Web search combined with the intelligence and expertise of the library. Encore Synergy users don't have to 'pick a lane' between next-generation local collections discovery and cutting-edge article discovery: it's all within a single interface."
About Innovative Interfaces
Innovative Interfaces (www.iii.com) dedicates its energies to meeting the needs of libraries and the challenges of library automation. The company has fulfilled this mission with first-rate services and products such as the Millennium integrated library platform, INN-Reach resource sharing, Electronic Resource Management, and the Encore discovery services platform. Today, thousands of libraries of all types in over 40 countries rely on Innovative's products, services, and support. The company is located in Emeryville, California with offices around the world.