PROVO, UT, March 17, 2010 – SirsiDynix, the world leader in library technology, welcomes two members to their leadership team, and congratulates two promoted team members. The new leadership roles are announced as SirsiDynix improves services and support to 20,000 library facilities worldwide.
SirsiDynix announced the following additions to the leadership team:
- Darren Wallace, Director of Sales and Marketing, Asia-Pacific. Wallace brings industry experience and a keen understanding of the region’s specific needs. He looks forward to expanding the SirsiDynix APAC team, and growing customer family in areas that have not been served previously.
- David Green, Director of Sales and Marketing, Europe. Green’s experience and leadership in information services and technology will prove invaluable for the SirsiDynix team throughout the region, as they improve the SirsiDynix commitment to library customers in Europe, and find new opportunities to serve library and information leaders in the region.
"Our diverse customer base constantly challenges us to understand what libraries of all types and sizes around the world need to be successful, and to respond with comprehensive customer support and services teams that rise to the occasion," said Gary Rautenstrauch, chief executive officer for SirsiDynix. "Adding experienced leadership in the Asia-Pacific and European regions while aligning our professional service offering under one team will improve how we serve, advise and support the diverse needs of libraries and information leaders globally."
Brad Whittle, Vice President of Sales, will now lead the sales team worldwide. Whittle has exhibited over 14 years of success with North American SirsiDynix customers.
Finally, Tim Hyde has been promoted to Vice President of Professional Services. More than 1400 customers engaged SirsiDynix in professional service projects in 2009. Under Hyde’s leadership, the following professional services teams will be better equipped to help library customers maximize their service investments:
- Project Management, lead by Michael Wilkinson
- Training and Consulting, lead by Judith Tigner
- Data Services and Product Delivery, lead by Tracy Moyers
"For over 15 years, Tim has demonstrated leadership, ingenuity, and passion for helping libraries achieve their goals," said Matt Hawkins, chief operating officer for SirsiDynix. Hyde began his career with SirsiDynix in Client Care, and has worked in Sales Support, Technical Consulting, Data Services and Product Delivery.
"Tim and his team are enthusiastic about the opportunity they have to grow our offering to libraries," said Hawkins. "Whatever your technical skill level or your library’s goals, there are committed people ready to help."
SirsiDynix is the world’s leading provider of library technology solutions, connecting over 300 million people with information and resources at over 4,000 academic, public, school, government and corporate libraries in 70 countries. With the pioneering Symphony Integrated Library System at its core, SirsiDynix offers a full host of solutions on an open architecture platform. www.sirsidynix.com.