BOSTON – January 15, 2010 – Bibliotheca Inc., open RFID solutions partner of choice to 450+ libraries worldwide, announced today that the company will exhibit at the 2010 Midwinter Meeting of the American Library Association, which is taking place January 15-18 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. During this event, Bibliotheca will demonstrate the full range of its leading-edge RFID solutions for libraries in booth no. 2432, including the following:
- Orion and Jupiter SelfChecks for library patron self-service: Sleek and slim and attractively designed, the Orion is a "built-to-order" self-check station that can be easily adapted to fit many needs in different colors and configurations. Not only user-friendly but built to last, the Orion offers a scratch-resilient design and easy maintenance utilizing IBM technologies. The Jupiter self-check is equally attractive, featuring an intuitive user graphic interface, stack processing, and internal barcode scanner and receipt printer.
- BiblioGate VI for library security: Providing outstanding 3D detection, which means RFID labels, can be read reliably in all positions as they pass through the gate, the BiblioGate VI also features an integrated PeopleCounter that provides sound data for automatic user statistics and personnel planning. This powerful performance can be enhanced with a wide range of options that serve to meet customers' unique needs. The BiblioGates VI's transparent, slim design and scratch- and impact-resistant structure is specially developed for Bibliotheca and fits perfectly and inconspicuously into every library. The gate also offers acoustic and visual alarm functions and can be installed as a double, triple or quadruple gate configuration.
- New Biblio Mobile StaffStation for library staff: User-friendly, multifunctional and extremely lightweight, the Mobile StaffStation device (weighing less than 2 pounds!), in conjunction with a netbook, can be used for media maintenance and other purposes. The inventory device can reliably detect up to 500 shelved media in one minute with a wide range of possible search criteria. In addition to inventory taking, the Mobile StaffStation can also be used for media checking or conversion purposes.
- BiblioReturn for easy patron returns any time: BiblioReturn operates as conveniently as an ATM machine and allows for swift and simple patron returns of library materials, even after hours.
- BiblioSorter for automated materials handling: Librarians will be pleased when their time-consuming, tedious manual sorting is greatly reduced with BiblioSorter. The system offers scalability and intelligence to grow with libraries' complex needs, composed of a 2-, 3-, or 5-way module that can be cascaded optionally in different directions and supply up to 256 destinations – all within a matter of seconds. Consequently, librarians can offer improved patron service when returned items are available in a more efficient, timely manner.
About Bibliotheca Inc.
With global headquarters in Switzerland and operations in the Americas and Asia-Pacific, Bibliotheca Inc. is the second largest global provider of practical, scalable RFID solutions. Our RFID solutions offer unparalleled integration with ILS systems for optimal staff efficiency as well as easy-to-use, intuitive user interfaces for both patrons and staff – all with the backing of an international company that offers true global customer service and support Call 1-800-892-5971 or visit www.bibiotheca-rfid.com for more details.