(April 1, 2009, New Delhi) MPS Technologies announces the launch of MPS Insight, an innovative new service to deliver essential COUNTER Compliant reports to libraries on behalf of publishers. The new platform, which recently passed an independent COUNTER audit by ABCe, delivers COUNTER compliant reports including COUNTER Release 3 as well as SUSHI.
Key features of MPS Insight include:
- Timely reports – MPS Insight provides reports significantly earlier in the month than is required by COUNTER, with some publishers delivering reports within two weeks
- SUSHI delivery of repost for ERM systems, in addition to the familiar Excel format
- Easy administration – allowing libraries to make real time changes to accounts
- Additional users – librarians can create additional user accounts for staff
- Easy to Use – attractive, intuitive interface designed with input from librarians
- Consortia administration - access consolidated consortia stats and individual member sites' stats from a single login
Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, IEEE, Institute of Physics Publishing and Royal Society of Chemistry are among the initial wave of publishers to use the service. In launching the platform, MPS Technologies invited a group of librarians to beta test it. Over 96 percent rated MPS Insight as ‘easy’ or ‘very easy’ to use. Terry Bucknell, Electronic Resources Manager, University of Liverpool commented: "It was very simple, clear, attractive and intuitive".
Peter Shepherd, Director of Project COUNTER added: "Project COUNTER aims to define and evolve the standards for usage data reporting so that libraries can be assured that usage from different publishers is measured and reported in a standard way. Our aim is to have as many publishers and vendors compliant with COUNTER to help us achieve this goal. We welcome initiatives such as the MPS Insight service from MPS Technologies as a way to help more publishers become COUNTER compliant."
MPS Technologies has made a major investment in MPS Insight to meet a clear need. David Sommer, Commercial Director at MPS Technologies explains: "Libraries need accurate, timely, COUNTER compliant reports to measure the value for money for the content and services they purchase. Publishers have not always found it easy to create these reports, so using the latest technology we created MPS Insight to meet this need. Publishers have been delighted with the new service – both as a way to generate the vital COUNTER reports for libraries and as an innovative tool to provide valuable reports for their publishing teams."
About MPS Technologies
MPS Technologies provides a range of technology-driven products and services designed to support the information industry. Services include the ContentStore, eBook and eJournal platform and MPS Insight. See www.mpstechnologies.com