February 5, 2009 -- Norcross, GA. The Integrated Technology Group (ITG), a division of Vernon Library Supplies, Inc., gained 19 new clients, acquired a patent by the U.S. Patent Office and added a new account manager in the fourth quarter of 2008. In addition, the ITG Scan & Print System was used by Equinox Software, Inc. to assist Indiana libraries in the migration to Evergreen, an enterprise-class, open source, integrated library system (ILS). The ITG Scan & Print System can re-label bar codes on items at a rate of more than 250 books per hour.
Patent for AV Xpress
The U.S. Patent Office granted a patent for ITG’s self-service security case unlocking system, AV Xpress. The system supports Kwik Cases®, OneTime Cases, and SecureCaseOne Cases. AV Xpress works in tandem with Apex XpressCheck bar code, EM, and RFID-based self-checkout systems, as well as a free-standing release station that works with ITG’s Apex RFID and most other RFID vendors’ systems.
New Account Manager
Candice Gwin Oliver has joined ITG as the Central States Account Manager. Prior to joining ITG, Oliver served as the regional branch administrator for South & West Region for St. Louis County Library in St. Louis, Missouri. Oliver has also served as director of Library Services at Kirkwood Public Library. In addition, she worked as a software trainer for Sirsi Corporation (now SirsiDynix). In 2008, Oliver was selected by Library Journal as an "LJ Mover & Shaker" for her contributions to Kirkwood Public Library’s "Proposition L" campaign, which resulted in a tax levy that will provide for a full renovation of the existing property.
New Customer Libraries/Installations
- San Bernardino County Library/Chino Hills, CA (Self-checkout, RFID and AMH)
- Miami-Dade Public Library System, FL (Security)
- Milton Public Library, MA (AMH)
- Baltimore Co. Public Library/Perry Hall, MD (Self-checkout, RFID)
- City of High Point Public Library, NC (Security)
- Oshkosh Public Library, WI (Self-checkout)
Implemented in conjunction with SirsiDynix
- Poplar Creek Public Library, IL (RFID, AMH, Self-checkout)
- Jessamine Public Library, KY (RFID, Self-checkout)
- Kenton Public Library, KY (Self-checkout)
- Arrowhead Library System, MN (Self-checkout)
- Cloquet Public Library, MN (Self-checkout, Security)
- Nyack Public Library, NY (RFID, Self-checkout)
- Central Rappahannock Public Library, VA (Self-checkout)
- Albany Public Library, WA (RFID, Self-checkout, and AMH)
- Spokane Public Library, WA (Self-checkout)
- Sun Prairie Public Library, WI (RFID, Self-checkout)
Implemented in conjunction with Equinox Software Inc.
- Indiana State Library, IN (Scan and Print)
Implemented in conjunction with Polaris Library Systems
- Crandall Public Library, NY (RFID, Self-checkout and AMH)
- Yakima Public Library, WA (Self-checkout)
About Integrated Technology Group
Integrated Technology Group (www.integratedtek.com) develops, markets, and supports library automation technologies that empower librarians to make operations more efficient and better serve their patrons. ITG’s products include patron self-checkout, automated materials handling systems (AMH) and radio frequency identification (RFID) technology. With over 30 years experience in the library industry, ITG combines smart technology and progressive design to create standard solutions that can be easily customized to meet site-specific requirements. ITG, a division of Vernon Library Supplies, Inc., is headquartered in Norcross, Georgia.