(Carlsbad, CA -- January 25, 2007) World-class library automation provider, EOS International, announces that EOS.Web, the first ILS solution to be based on Microsoft .NET technologies is also the first ILS solution to be certified on Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 7.x in addition to Microsoft Windows Vista.
This qualification means that EOS.Web users will be able to experience a richer set of functionality with their Web-based library automation solution. In particular, EOS.Web users will be able to:
- Use "tabbed browsing" to open multiple staff modules in a single browser window
- Use the "Instant Search" box to search the web from the Address bar. You can also search using different search providers to get better results
- Print to scale Web pages to fit the paper used
- Use the new "Zoom" feature to enlarge or reduce text and images
- Have RSS feeds automatically delivered to your browser
- Enjoy higher levels of security to guard against phishing and online fraud
- Run in "Protected mode" to help protect your computer from websites that try to install malicious software or save files to your computer without your consent
About EOS International
EOS International is a leading global, world-class library information and knowledge management software and services provider with a client base of over 3,000 special libraries. A client-driven company that has earned the top customer satisfaction award for the past three years and earned a nomination for the Computerworld Smithsonian award, EOS library automation software products (EOS.Web® Express, EOS.Web® Enterprise, and hosted, EOS e-Library Service®) serve the stringent knowledge and content management needs of corporate, legal, medical, government and special libraries of all sizes. EOS International can be found online at http://www.eosintl.com.