(Carlsbad, CA -- September 15, 2006) Library automation market leader EOS International announces the integration of FileTrail RFID Tracking with it flagship library automation solutions. The new EOS.Web Enterprise RFID module will be available to all EOS.Web Enterprise clients in the next release of EOS.Web Enterprise. EOS.Web Enterprise clients that desire to automate check-in, check-out and in-circulation tracking of library materials with the latest RFID technology will be able to do so.
The EOS.Web RFID Module can be implemented at several levels, tracking within the library or throughout the entire facility. It provides continuous, automatic tracking as materials move from desk-to-desk and office-to-office using RFID technology. Automatic tracking means no action is required from the library staff, eliminating the staff compliance issue. Materials virtually tell the database where they are as they enter & exit an office or cubicle.
The FileTrail RFID technology integrated into EOS.Web Enterprise provides many benefits to EOS clients, including:
- Self-Serve Check-Out -- At a self-serve check-out station patrons present their security badge for identification then walk past an RFID pad to complete the checkout.
- Automated Check-In -- Materials are automatically checked-in as they are carried back in the front door of the library.
- Automated Inventory -- Physical Inventories can be conducted in one-fifth of the time using a portable hand-held RFID tracker.
- Automated Audits -- Audits of staff offices can be conducted in one-fifth of the time using a portable hand-held RFID tracker.
- QuickFind -- The portable hand-held RFID tracker can read tags from 2 to 4 feet away to help locate needed materials quickly.
- Automatic Tracking -- RFID tracking pads can be placed in the ceiling or on the wall in offices, hallways, conference rooms, and exits to record the movement of materials after check-out. A discrepancy report in EOS.Web alerts library staff to materials that have left the area associated with the check-out patron, helping prevent loss.
Organizations implementing the EOS.Web RFID module can leverage their investment to track additional types of items, including file folders, film & video, evidence, equipment, assets, any other physical objects. The FileTrail solution integrates with existing systems, including 3rd party Records Management systems, as well as internally-developed systems. FileTrail also provides complete solutions for item tracking, records management, and process automation.
"Due to our partnerships with our clients we become intimately aware of their evolving needs and actively work with them to deliver state-of-the-art solutions," states Tony Saadat, CEO of EOS International. "I am delighted to be able to deliver a robust set of UHF RFID solutions to our clients and excited about working with FileTrail, another industry leader who is as client-focused as we are."
"EOS fills an important position in helping their client organizations leverage an investment in RFID," said Darrell Mervau, VP of Business Development for FileTrail. "We architected FileTrail to help organizations gain the economies of tracking library materials, file folders, computer equipment, and other valuable assets on a single, integrated RFID platform."
About FileTrail, Inc.
FileTrail, Inc is the leading provider of UHF RFID tracking solutions. FileTrail is a customer-focused organization that provides customers with high-accessibility item tracking and powerful customization tools. FileTrail solutions leverage automatic identification technologies, including bar coding and RFID. FileTrail's customers span 47 vertical industries, range from local to global Fortune 100 companies, and include city, state, and federal governments. Information about FileTrail can be found at http://www.filetrail.com or http://www.rfid-file-tracking.com.
About EOS International
EOS International is a leading global, world-class library information management software and services provider with a client base of over 3,000 special libraries. A client-driven company that has earned the top customer satisfaction award for the past three years and earned a nomination for the Computerworld Smithsonian award, EOS library automation software products (EOS.Web Express, EOS.Web Enterprise, and hosted, EOS e-Library Service) serve the stringent knowledge and content management needs of corporate, legal, medical, government and special libraries of all sizes. EOS International can be found online at http://www.eosintl.com.