INWOOD, WV, June 22, 2006 – Harford County Public Library (MD) joins a growing list of libraries opting to offer customers a new OPAC experience with AquaBrowser Library.
AquaBrowser Library is a visual, "intelligent" search tool that works with any integrated library system. Harford County Public Library will use AquaBrowser with a Dynix Horizon system. Libraries are also offering AquaBrowser with III, Sirsi, DRA, VTLS, Extensity (formerly Geac), TLC, and other systems.
AquaBrowser Library yields successful search results without customers having to know controlled vocabulary or advanced search techniques. Like Harford County Public Library, many of the AquaBrowser libraries will use it to search not only their catalogs, but also their databases and Web sites.
With AquaBrowser, libraries can gain the benefits of a new OPAC and improve customer services, without having to purchase a new automation system. Harford County Director Audra L. Caplan noted AquaBrowser's ability to offer "superior service" to patrons:
"AquaBrowser will allow Harford County librarians to provide ‘five-star' service to our customers," she said. "Staff can help them see all the possibilities, make connections, and find solutions quickly and easily. With AquaBrowser we know our customers will get superior service."
In 2005, Harford County Public Library circulated over 3 million items from its 11 library locations.
Harford County Public Library is one of 25 libraries that purchased AquaBrowser Library in 2006. Those libraries are:
- Amos Memorial Public Library (OH)
- Broward County Library (FL)
- Buena Vista Public Library (CO)
- Choate Rosemary Hall (CT)
- Corvallis-Benton County Public Library (OR)
- Eckhart Public Library (IN)
- Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library (IN)
- Friends School of Baltimore (MD)
- Haines Borough Public Library (AK)
- Harford County Public Library (MD)
- Hidalgo County Library System (TX)
- Livonia Public Schools (MI)
- Lycoming College (PA)
- Ministry of Education, Singapore
- North Arkansas College (AR)
- Pasco County Library System (FL)
- Prince George's County Memorial Library System (MD)
- Placentia Library (CA)
- Rangeview Library District (CO)
- Richmond Public Library (CA)
- Rochester Museum and Science Center (NY)
- Summit County Library System (UT)
- Toledo-Lucas County Public Library (OH)
- Weber School District (UT);o>
- Wellington City Libraries, New Zealand
About The Library Corporation
TLC is owned and operated by the family that founded the company over 31 years ago. The company's automation solutions include library automation, cataloging and authority control solutions, and RFID. A number of TLC offerings, including AuthorityWorks, AquaBrowser Library, the Web-based Online Selection & Acquisitions, and RFID are designed to work with any ILS.