Woburn, MA (April 13, 2006) – Inmagic, Inc., the global leader in enterprise research asset management applications, today announced the general release of Version 1.0 of its Genie Express online catalog software. Inmagic Genie Express is a Web-based application designed to manage and provide Web-based access to a single database, catalog or archive.
Genie Express is ideally suited for online catalog situations such as a corporation making a core set of research available via its intranet, a museum/archive publishing its image collection on the Internet, or a government agency publishing a specific collection of documents on the Internet.
Optimized to support online catalogs, Genie Express:
- Supports traditional and non-traditional information assets, such as documents, news, images, URLs, books, etc.
- Enables robust information discovery through:
- Advanced searching, including keyword, full text, fielded, Boolean, and allowing end users to browse the index to find what they need
- Search configuration, so that the search interface is tailored to specific information retrieval needs
- Robust search experience by allowing users to select a view of the search results that is appropriate for them
- Promotes information sharing and fulfillment. Once end users locate the information that they need, the InfoCart capability makes it easy for them to share information with others or request materials from the library.
- Supports IT infrastructure through the use of open standards. Genie Express is based on Microsoft SQL Server and .NET technologies and makes extensive use of XML and Web services.
Genie Express enables all of these capabilities, yet requires minimal support from an IT organization.
"We are pleased to announce Genie Express. Online catalogs are a popular use of our existing software, and Genie Express is aimed at increasing customer success, while simultaneously reducing time and energy needed to achieve that success," stated Phillip L. Green, Inmagic's President and CEO. "Genie Express builds on Inmagic's twenty years of experience in helping organizations to actively manage their research assets."
To ensure its customers' success, Inmagic provides comprehensive implementation services through its Professional Services Group.
Inmagic, Inc. is the global leader in enterprise Research Asset Management. Inmagic's solutions are uniquely capable of organizing diverse sets of research materials and enabling our customers to gain extraordinary insights from them. Inmagic solutions are known for their flexibility, ease of use and deployment, and minimal need for information technology support. Because they are based on Microsoft SQL Server and .NET technology that utilizes Web services, Inmagic applications can be integrated with and interoperate within an organization's overall information technology infrastructure.