SAN DIEGO, CA -- February 24, 2006. School districts now have an affordable, easy-to-use way to optimize millions of dollars worth of fixed and portable assets, thanks to a new product being introduced by Follett Software Company at the American Association of School Administrators (AASA) conference.
Destiny Asset Manager uses a browser-based interface and scanner technology to quickly and efficiently keep track of all of a district's fixed and portable assets, making sure districts get the most value for their budget investment. The product was designed to meet the specific asset management needs of K-12 school districts.
"Follett Software Company is the clear leader in instructional asset management," according to FSC President Tom Schenck. "Our library, textbook and media management solutions have been adopted by hundreds of districts nationwide. Now, with Destiny Asset Manager, districts can use this same proven technology to keep tabs on every kind of fixed and portable asset," Schenck said.
Districts adopting Destiny Asset Manager are commending its efficiencies: "We have almost $4 million invested in technology assets throughout our district," according to Debbie Rubin, technology director at Huntley Public Schools in Huntley, Illinois. "For the past 11 years we were tracking these assets with a system that didn't work, but we couldn't find a new system that fit our needs to replace it. Once we were introduced to the efficiencies of Destiny Asset Manager, the decision to make the conversion was simple."
Managing All Information
Destiny Asset Manager keeps track of all relevant information?a detailed description, where it's housed, who has it now, when it's due back?even a picture of the asset. The information is instantly available to any authorized user in your district with access to a browser. Site-based staff and administrators can search for items located at their school, or anywhere else in the district. District staff can quickly locate, manage and circulate assets, and quickly prepare inventories and reports.
Use of Destiny Asset Manager allows districts to streamline operations and save budget dollars in several ways:
- Reduces lost and stolen inventory: Destiny makes it easy to keep track of the location and movement of assets, so they never go missing again.
- Maximize asset use: No more wasted budget dollars ordering duplicate assets that can be shared instead.
- Fast and inexpensive to implement: Destiny is installed centrally at the district; users access it with any browser-equipped computer. That makes for quick, low-cost installation and maintenance.
- Eliminates multiple applications: Destiny eliminates the need for multiple software and labeling systems to manage assets, reducing cost and incompatibility problems.
- Quickly generate state and county reports: Destiny quickly gives district administrators the data they need to complete state, county, federal and other reports. This type of information is critical for compliance with GASB requirements.
About Destiny Resource Management Solution
Destiny Asset Manager is part of the Destiny Resource Management Solution, an integrated suite of browser-based applications that help centralize and streamline the management of key instructional resources and assets, allowing K-12 districts to reallocate staff and financial resources to student learning. Destiny Asset Manager joins the growing Destiny Resource Management Solution suite:
- Destiny Library Manager?: Lets K-12 districts offer complete library management services to all schools from a single installation via any supported web browser. Plus, it offers tools to help connect the library and the classroom.
- Destiny Textbook Manager?: An award-winning, easy-to-use system that gives districts and schools total control of their textbook inventory. It also increases accessibility and accountability.
- Destiny Media Manager: Designed to help districts make sure that students get the learning resources they need, Destiny Media Manager is one of the first browser-based solutions that allows teachers to search for, reserve and track all sorts of instructional media, including software, videos, activity kits, manipulatives and more.
- Flexible Implementation: Any Destiny component can be implemented either as a stand-alone product, or in conjunction with other Destiny modules. Or districts may install all modules, for a comprehensive solution that provides total strategic control over all learning resources.
- Award-Winning: Destiny Library Manager was recently awarded the 2004 Award of Excellence from Technology & Learning magazine, which called it an "easy, powerful, and meaningful use of technology." Library Manager and Textbook Manager also won inclusion in Media & Methods magazine's Awards Portfolio.
About Follett Software CompanyFor more than two decades, Follett Software Company has provided K-12 education with powerful, innovative technology solutions that streamline the business of education. The company offers a range of proven software and service solutions to help districts manage instructional resources and other assets more effectively. Follett Software products allow schools to devote more time and money to instruction by creating new operational efficiencies that free up resources and reduce staff workload.
More than 38,000 customers in almost half the nation's school districts have chosen Follett Software. Follett Software Company is a division of Follett Corporation, whose mission is to be the leading provider of educational solutions, services and products that empower schools, libraries, colleges, students and life-long learners.