MCHENRY, IL -- January 31, 2006. Destiny Library Manager was named Best Library Automation System in eSchool News latest Readers' Choice Awards for School Management Solutions. The advanced, browser-based library management system got more than twice as many votes as its nearest competitor.
The results were published in the January 2006 issue of eSchool News. It reflects the votes of more than 600 readers of the publication, which covers technology issues in U.S. schools. "In the library automation category, the clear winner was Follett Software Co.'s Destiny solution, a K-12 library management tool that moves all library systems into a single server," the publication reported.
"The web-based capabilities of a consolidated database make it easy for all schools to see what books are available in house or in other localities," one Destiny user told the magazine.
"In the three years since its release Destiny has become the leading district library management solution," said Follett Software President Tom Schenck. "We're honored by this award. I think it reflects not only Destiny's widespread adoption, but the high level of satisfaction with our product and with our customer support."
About Destiny Resource Management Solution
Destiny Library Manager is part of the Destiny Resource Management Solution, an integrated suite of browser-based applications that streamline the control of instructional assets, allowing K-12 districts to devote more time and resources to student learning. Destiny Media Manager joins the growing Destiny Resource Management Solution suite:
- Destiny Library Manager: Lets K-12 districts offer complete library management services to all schools from a single installation via any supported web browser. Plus, it offers tools to help connect the library and the classroom.
- Destiny Textbook Manager: An award-winning, easy-to-use system that gives districts and schools total control of their textbook inventory. It also increases accessibility and accountability.
- Destiny Media Manager: The newest member of the Destiny suite is designed to help districts make sure that students get the learning resources they need. It's one of the first browser-based solutions that allows teachers to search for, reserve and track all sorts of instructional media, including software, videos, activity kits, manipulatives and more.
- Flexible Implementation: Any Destiny component can be implemented either as a stand-alone product, or in conjunction with other Destiny modules. Or districts may install all three modules, for a comprehensive solution that provides total strategic control over all learning resources.
- Award-Winning: Destiny Library Manager was recently awarded the 2004 Award of Excellence from Technology & Learning magazine, which called it an "easy, powerful, and meaningful use of technology." Library Manager and Textbook Manager also won inclusion in Media & Methods magazine's Awards Portfolio.
About Follett Software Company
For more than two decades, Follett Software Company has provided K-12 education with powerful, innovative technology solutions that streamline the business of education. The company offers a range of proven software and service solutions to help districts manage instructional resources and other assets more effectively. Follett Software products allow schools to devote more time and money to instruction by creating new operational efficiencies that free up resources and reduce staff workload.
More than 38,000 customers in almost half the nation's school districts have chosen Follett Software. Follett Software Company is a division of Follett Corporation, whose mission is to be the leading provider of educational solutions, services and products that empower schools, libraries, colleges, students and life-long learners.