Minneapolis, MN -- December 7, 2005 -- Sagebrush Corporation today announced an upgrade to their integrated research tool, Sagebrush Pinpoint. Pinpoint helps students access and use the best district resources for learning by gathering, evaluating, ranking, and reporting the most relevant results (as defined by the district) from multiple sources simultaneously. These sources include libraries, subscription databases, and the World Wide Web.
With the release of v2.0, Pinpoint users can search multiple libraries within a system and view results in a user-friendly format available in multiple languages.
"Federated searching is a key tool in helping students refine their research while taking advantage of all of the resources the district and school library provide," said Jim Zicarelli, Sagebrush CEO. "Our enhancements to Pinpoint will further improve how educators and students use Pinpoint in schools. We have continued to enhance Pinpoint by adding features that streamline tasks for the school librarian or technology administrator, as well as for the student."
Pinpoint enhancements in version 2.0 include:
- Streamlined and modernized server software Pinpoint now installs with a standard InstallShield and runs as a Windows service, making it easier for users to operate and maintain.
- Virtual union compatibility Users can search multiple Sagebrush Spectrum?, Sagebrush Athena, and Sagebrush InfoCentre libraries, as well as libraries running non-Sagebrush systems, with a single search.
- Improved user interface The new interface is more intuitive, more consistent with the other Sagebrush library products, including Sagebrush Accent and InfoCentre, allowing for seamless integration.
- Redesigned Search Results page Users can scroll through the list of found titles (Results list, Full Title page, My List, etc.) while buttons and other navigation controls remain stationary and accessible.
- Dynamic online help The new Movie button (found next to the Help button) launches a three-minute video introduction to Pinpoint to help students begin to use Pinpoint immediately and effectively.
About Sagebrush Corporation
Sagebrush Corporation is a fast-growing leader serving K-12 schools in their efforts to improve performance by providing students access to relevant information, stimulate interest in reading and manage information across the education process. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sagebrush features the Sagebrush Accent?, Sagebrush InfoCentre, Sagebrush Athena, and Sagebrush Spectrum library automation systems, the smart research tool Sagebrush Pinpoint? and Sagebrush Viewpoint for informed, data-driven decision-making. Sagebrush Education Resources provides an ever-increasing title selection, instant online collection analysis, state curriculum alignments and time-saving tools through the online bookstore, www.sagebrushbooks.com. Sagebrush also features top-rated customer support, a wide range of training options and complete data enhancement services. Visit www.sagebrushcorp.com or call 1-800-533-5430.