Minneapolis, MN – October 7, 2005 – Sagebrush Corporation, a leading provider of library services for book publishers and distributors since 1965, announced several improvements to their IRIS application and cataloging and processing services.
"We understand that offering cataloging and processing services is a necessary part of the book publishing and distributing business, but not always their number one focus," said Margo Osadchuk, Senior Vice President, Sagebrush Education Resources. "Keeping that in mind, we listened to our customers' suggestions and made several improvements to better handle all of their servicing needs. More than ever, we can deliver the first rate services our customers want and need, so they can get back to what they do best—sell more books."
The improved IRIS application includes powerful and additional functionality, such as:
- Electronic ordering--With electronic ordering, the need for handwritten orders or paper copies is eliminated. Book publishers and distributors can save time by sending their orders fast and securely using the new electronic transmission service. In addition, electronic ordering reduces typographical errors, improving overall order accuracy.
- Onsite production capabilities--Using the IRIS application, publishers and distributors have the option to route formatted data to their site allowing production of all library service products within their own facility, saving them valuable turn time.
- Expanded cataloging classifications--Sagebrush classifications now include prefix, suffix, fiction/nonfiction by grade levels, AV, Spanish, and collection codes.
- Enhanced reading program labels--Customers can now choose up to five of the following to include on their labels: reading program name, title, author, points, quiz number, interest level, reading level, and Lexile level.
- Updated stock materials--Higher-quality stock materials are now available for the following labels: spine, reading program, guided reading, enhanced reading, and property.
- More font options--Customers can choose from more than one font from the several new font choices and font types for reading program and spine labels.
About Sagebrush Corporation
Sagebrush Corporation is a fast-growing leader serving K-12 schools in their efforts to improve performance by providing students access to relevant information, stimulate interest in reading and manage information across the education process. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sagebrush features the award-winning Sagebrush Accent, Sagebrush Athena, Sagebrush Spectrum, and Sagebrush InfoCentre library automation systems, the smart research tool Sagebrush Pinpoint and Sagebrush Viewpoint for informed, data-driven decision-making. Sagebrush Education Resources provides an ever-increasing title selection, instant online collection analysis, and time-saving tools through the online bookstore, www.sagebrushbooks.com. Sagebrush also features top-rated Library Services, outstanding customer support, a wide range of training options and complete data enhancement services. Visit www.sagebrushcorp.com or call 1-800-533-5430.