Minneapolis, MN June 21, 2004 Sagebrush Corporation, a leading solutions provider for the K-12 market, today announced the latest update to Sagebrush Accent its award-winning centralized library automation system. This latest release incorporates customer ideas and suggestions, expanding Accent's functionality to give users the best possible experience.
We understand that the needs of today's library are changing. Media specialists are asked to handle ever-increasing demands with limited resources, so volunteers and assistants are brought in to help manage the growing responsibilities, said Jim Zicarelli, Sagebrush CEO. Keeping that in mind, we designed this latest Accent release to be exceptionally easy-to-use and quick-to-learn, but to still provide all of the same powerful functionality and features needed to successfully manage and maintain a library.
The latest release to Accent introduces new features, including but not limited to:
- An improved and more intuitive browser-based interface designed specifically for the K-12 library and built upon the best practices throughout the industry, perfect for both power users and novice staff members;
- Updated reports that can be printed on-demand or saved to a spreadsheet or PDF file for added customization and easy sharing of information;
- Improved sound management for quick recognition of events such as error or warning messages so errors are caught, and corrected, when they happen.
- New inventory functionality that guides you through a step-by-step process thus reducing the room for error or missed steps;
- Easy editor in cataloging, which helps even non-MARC experts add materials to their collection;
- Improved circulation desk functions for smoother workflow when checking items in and out;
- Simplified one-step import and export for increased efficiencies when managing materials;
- Improved cataloging process that reduces complexity;
- A new z39.50 client to more efficiently copy catalog records (license required).
For more information about Sagebrush Accent, please call 1-800-533-5430.
About Sagebrush Accent
Award-winning Sagebrush Accent is the fully integrated, centralized automation system for K12 libraries that provides patrons with easy access to library information across the district and dramatically reduces library site management tasks and technology headaches. Accent facilitates district-wide resource sharing and enhances data quality with its single, centralized database. Built on a proven platform and customized exclusively for K12 libraries, Accent provides school districts of any size with powerful technology already used in thousands of libraries worldwide.
About Sagebrush Corporation
Sagebrush Corporation is a fast-growing leader serving K-12 schools in their efforts to improve performance by providing students access to relevant information, stimulate interest in reading and manage information across the education process. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Sagebrush features the award-winning Sagebrush Accent, Sagebrush Athena, and Sagebrush Spectrum library automation systems, the smart research tool Sagebrush Pinpoint and Sagebrush Analytics for informed, data-driven decision-making. Sagebrush Education Resources provides an ever-increasing title selection, instant online collection analysis, and time-saving tools through the online bookstore, www.sagebrushbooks.com. Sagebrush also features top-rated customer support, a wide range of training options and complete data enhancement services. Visit www.sagebrushcorp.com or call 1-800-533-5430.