INWOOD, WV, March 19, 2004 -- A new release of Library.Solution, The Library Corporation's (TLC's) integrated automation system, has over 50 features and enhancements to benefit users.
Library.Solution is an integrated automation system that provides robust features and performance. Library.Solution Version 3.2 incorporates the suggestions of TLC customers. As with its other products, TLC encourages customers to provide feedback and suggestions about Library.Solution. The company has a tradition of listening carefully to the needs of librarians, having exclusively served libraries since the company's founding 30 years ago.
Features in Version 3.2 include:
- Added features for holds management, patron searching, item tracking, and history of loan and fine payments in the circulation application
- Advanced authority management, providing a simple process for the propagation of updated National authority records
- Enhanced Photo Imaging support Ė a library's own images can display in the Public Access Catalog (PAC). These features can be used by all types of TLC libraries to enhance access to special collections.
- Cataloging security improvements for multi-site libraries, offering several levels of security that conform to a library's workflow
- Enhanced email notification, giving the library additional flexibility when communicating with patrons
- Additional PAC customization capabilities, including several self-service additions for library patrons, such as canceling holds and (if configured) viewing their own loan history
- Support for presetting groups of materials for statistical reporting, enabling library directors to statistically view their collections from different perspectives
Library.Solution Version 3.2 completed beta testing in March, with general release scheduled for early April.
Library.Solution was introduced to the library market in 1997. Since then, almost 600 library systems representing over 2,700 libraries have chosen it as their integrated library system.
Libraries continue to upgrade to Library.Solution from other systems. For example, libraries that recently upgraded to Library.Solution are: Alamo Heights ISD, TX; Southeast Arkansas Technical College, AR; Scotch Plains Public Library, NJ; and Ouachita Technical College, AR. TLC has earned a reputation for the ease of the migration process when customers switch from older systems to Library.Solution Ė no matter what system used by the library. (For a list of libraries that have upgraded to Library.Solution from other systems, access www.tlcdelivers.com and choose TLC and You/Our Customers.)
About The Library Corporation
TLC is owned and operated by the same family that founded the company 30 years ago. The company's automation solutions include integrated automation systems built using the world's most advanced technologies, cataloging with access to millions of MARC records, acquisitions that incorporate all the necessary resources into one place, and a premier service and support team that sets the standard in the library profession.