COMPanion Corporation announced Wednesday, March 3, 2004, the release of Alexandria v5.44 rev D. Alexandria v5 features follow COMPanion's power of simplicity approach to library automation solutions. The following is a brief summary of the many added benefits and performances enhancements designed to improve stability and ease of use in Alexandria v5.44 rev D:
- Circulation and item management enhancements
- Authority control enhancements
- Many new and improved import and reporting options
- Overall performance enhancements
- Support for new Slip/Receipt Printer (operates in Mac OS X and Windows 2000, XP)
- A netTrekker (netTrekker is a trusted search engine for schools) counter has been integrated into Alexandria's Researcher interface. The netTrekker search counter icon may be utilized, with one click of the mouse, to view netTrekker's search results for specific topics.
This new release will be a free upgrade to current Alexandria customers.
Alexandria--best known for its power and ease of use--is a fully-integrated, cross-platform library automation solution including: OPAC, Circulation, Cataloging, Web, Subscription Management, Orders, Budgets, Patron Management, Word Processing, E-Mail Notices, 400+ Detailed and Customizable Reports, Holds & Reservations over the Web, Built-In Server & Web Server and much more! Alexandria offers the best cross platform library automation solution for Windows and Macintosh and is the only native solution for Mac OS X.
About COMPanion Corp.
COMPanion Corporation, headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT, is the developer of Alexandria Library Automation. COMPanion's suite of 100% cross-platform products include Alexandria; Textbook Tracker, a textbook management tool for schools; eLunchroom, a point-of-sale K-12 cafeteria management tool; and SmartMARC, an efficient MARC cataloging tool. For over 16 years, COMPanion has established itself as a leader in the K-12 education market.