McHENRY, IL – September 11, 2003– Alliance Plus™ Online, the leading Internet MARC cataloging and enhancement resource, used by over 26,000 Follett Software customers, is now available for use with any library system. The new Alliance Plus Online enables librarians to enhance the quality of their library databases and records they get from book vendors, simply by locating the batch of records on their system and pressing the “upload” button in Alliance Plus Online.
"Alliance Plus Online is easy-to-use, easy to look at and makes it easy to find information," said Yelm Middle School Librarian Sheri Roe, a Companion Corporation Alexandria library system user. "I don't have a lot of time and I want information right in front of me and with Alliance Plus Online, it is."
Alliance Plus Online is the only Internet MARC Cataloging resource for libraries that offers this unique set of capabilities:
- Access to over 6 million MARC records and 500,000 non-print, audiovisual materials.
- No software to install—accessed from a web browser
- Enrichment of collection with Accelerated Reader® and Reading Counts! reading program information
- Time-saving batch updating of MARC records—existing library collections and book vendor disks
- Cataloging advice and resources from Follett's cataloging experts
Designed to easily support any library system, Alliance Plus Online increases students' and patrons' access to the library collection while simplifying ongoing cataloging.
"For years Alliance Plus has been an invaluable tool for users of Follett library automation solutions. Now we can extend that value to users of all library systems," added Follett Software President Tom Schenck.
Alliance Plus Online offers two optional subscriptions to further save time for librarians and improve student and patron search results.
- Alliance Plus A/V ACCESS Online—Access 500,000+ MARC records for non-print, audiovisual materials
- Alliance Plus Online Reading Programs—Enrich your records with Accelerated Reader andReading Counts! reading program information
About Follett Software Company
For nearly two decades, Follett Software Company has led the way in district library technology. The company offers a range of proven software and service solutions to help districts and schools manage library assets more efficiently, increase students' access to information more easily and control the safety of Internet use more effectively.
More than 37,000 customers in almost half the nation's school districts have chosen Follett Software. Follett Software Company is part of Follett Corporation, whose mission is to be the leading provider of educational solutions, services and products that empower schools, libraries, colleges, students and life-long learners. Follett Software's newly updated web site is at www.fsc.follett.com.