DES PLAINES, ILLINOIS, May 30, 2003: Endeavor Information Systems announced today the selection of the Voyager integrated library management system at five academic and special research libraries in the United States and Europe.
"With exceptional technology, flexibility in workflows, and intuitive ease of use, Voyager is a very solid decision for libraries of all sizes," said Roland Dietz, Endeavor President and CEO. "Endeavor is very proud to be working with libraries of all sizes that recognize Voyager is a very robust, yet approachable system and that Endeavor is a trustworthy, solid company with exceptional staff who are truly interested in the library's success in implementation and continued development of their ILS."
- Schreiner University, Kerrville, TX replaces their EOS Professional Series system with Voyager. The William M. Logan library serves 915 users and contains 80,000 volumes. The William M. Logan includes The Schreiner University Collection and the Hill Country Collection, materials detailing the history of Schreiner University and the Texas Hill Country.
- California Institute of the Arts and the College of the Canyons, Valencia, CA implement Voyager to replace the current DRA Classic system. The California Institute of the Arts Library and the College of the Canyons library serve 14,796 users with over 175,000 volumes and over 6 e-databases.
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA replaces their Autographics system with Voyager. The library has 150,000 volumes. It is one of the largest family history libraries in the nation and offers a manuscript collection renowned for its 17th-, 18th-, and 19th-century holdings.
- Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, MA replaces their Autographics system with Voyager. The Library holds over 26,000 volumes with main holdings in the Essex County court records from 1636 to 1820, including the court records from the 1692 witchcraft trials. More than a linear mile of manuscript materials include journals, diaries, account books, farm business records, and correspondence, a vast collection of old newspapers printed in Essex County, as well as business and personal records of many historic figures in Essex County.
- Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, Scotland implements Voyager to replace the Library's GEAC system. The Library supports the University's research in underwater exploration of robot vehicles to explore and survey ocean depths. With 191,460 volumes, the Library serves 6,300 users.
For discerning academic libraries that require full-featured library functionality, Voyager is the most robust integrated library management system available. Endeavor partners with libraries for on time and under budget implementations that highlight the individuality of each library and draw upon the unique expertise of its staff. Voyager is fully implemented in over 1,150 libraries around the world.
About Endeavor Information Systems
Endeavor Information Systems, based in Des Plaines, IL, was founded in September of 1994. Endeavor offers a complete line of library solutions for traditional and digital collections. Visit Endeavor at www.endinfosys.com for more information about Voyager, ENCompass, or LinkFinderPlus.