RESEARCH PARK, Inwood, West Virginia, June 24, 1998. The Library Corporation (The), a major developer of library automation systems, today announced that the company's turnkey, fully integrated library automation system—Library.Solution—has been selected for use by ten additional libraries. This brings the total number of contracted installations to 102. making Library. Solution the fastest growing library automation system in the world.
In making today's announcement, Gary Kirk, Director, Sales & Marketing at TLC, stated, "Library.Solution has been specifically designed to deliver big system performance at small system pricing. We are delighted to see so many libraries from around the world embrace TLC ‘s Library.Solution as their choice for powerful, cutting-edge library automation. Further, the fact that Library.Solution has become the fastest growing library automation system demonstrates the system's flexibility, power and value. This is reinforced by the wide range of libraries using the system—from the Libraries Division of the West Indies to Buffalo's Board of Education. In short, we believe Library.Solution delivers an outstanding and unexpected level of service customized to the individual needs of each library."
Newest additions to the LibrarySolution family include:
- Bedford Public Library System(VA)
- New Hampshire Hospital
- Rust College
- Shore Country Day School
- Hilbert, Medaille College and Buffalo City Board of Education
- Gorman Crossing Elementary School
- Putnam County Library System
- Rye Public Library
- Triadelphia Ridge Elementary School
- Howard County Public Schools
The Library Corporation, developers of BiblioFile software, is a leading edge library automation company that has been serving the industry for more than 20 years. Some of TLC's other recent innovations include:
- Library.Serial: a new state-of-the-art library automation system for serials management designed to work in conjunction with Library.Solution, enabling libraries to receive, process and track their serials collection quickly and efficiently.
- Library.Acquire: a new cutting-edge, comprehensive integrated library automation system for acquisitions management, designed to manage the entire acquisitions process including purchasing, tracking of new materials and accounting.
- TLC.Partner: a cutting-edge fixed fee outsourcing solution providing complete central site hardware and software necessary to automate all types of libraries. With TLC.Partner, libraries simply select the system, software, features and supplemental products. TLC handles installation, training, customer support, and regular upgrades at no additional cost.
- ITSMARC: a new service that will allow any user, regardless of cataloging experience or training, web access to TLC's pool of approximately 10 million non-royalty MARC records.