Glasgow, UK -- March 13, 2023. SOLUS is well known for its mobile app in public libraries and has recently introduced a new events and room booking platform. SOLUS is now entering the US academic market with its debut at the ACRL conference in Pittsburgh held March 15 – 17. The company states they have approximately 20 academic customers with their mobile app in Australia, UK and USA and are ready for expansion.
John Richardson, Director of SOLUS North America states, "with our real-time Content Management System (CMS), campuses have the ability to not only to access their library, databases and subscriptions, etc., but can easily create links to campus services such as maps, faculty directories, dining, parking, mental health resources, athletics, faculty directories, campus news, etc. We are hearing there is a real need for a next generation events and room booking platform that tightly integrates with the mobile app – an all-in-one solution for students and faculty."
Academic oriented mobile app features include:
- Integration with 15 ILS/LSP platforms
- Authentication options include Shibboleth, CAS, SAML and Azure Active Directory
- Format roll-up, FRBR-ized display of available resources
- Push, emergency and event notifications to students, faculty and admin
- RFID and barcode self-check out/in
- Consortia support
- 30 languages with new support for right to left languages (Arabic, Hebrew & Urdu)
- Reading and wish list functionality
- Virtual and on-campus events
- Events integration directly into the app (register/cancel reminder notifications, history, etc.)
SOLUS is the world's #1 Library App provider for public libraries and growing in academics; with SOLUS built Library Apps now in use in over 8,000 locations on 5 continents and growing rapidly. SOLUS has expanded its product suite to include Events & Room Bookings and has most recently added an innovative new Library Discovery Platform. Based in Glasgow, Scotland, SOLUS has offices in Australia and the US and provides white labelled solutions to a number of ILS partners, as well as direct sales.