London, U.K. March 1, 2022 – Innovative, part of Clarivate and a leading global provider of library software, today announced a new release of Innovative Mobile, which includes integration with Vega Discover for a unified patron experience. Library users can now find the Vega Discover features they enjoy and expect from their online library catalog, such as work-level roll ups, within the Innovative Mobile app, giving them a seamless library experience across devices and apps. Innovative Mobile is a full-featured patron app for libraries, available on iOS and Android devices.
Vega Discover libraries using Innovative Mobile can now have their in-app catalog search take place within Discover, giving users the convenience of in-app searching while providing all of the Vega Discover features they expect: work-level roll-ups, showcases, and resource details. For consortia, member libraries will be able to have their version of the app include their unique Vega Discover site.
"Innovative Mobile has become one of our most popular products since we launched it just over a year ago," said Yariv Kursh, General Manager of Innovative. "This release brings together two powerful products to provide library users with one seamless, on-the-go library experience."
Innovative Mobile offers full access to the library catalog and allows patrons to search and find both physical and electronic library materials. Additional features include:
- Quick and easy set up. Configure the app in a matter of weeks rather than months.
- Linked accounts. Users can manage family/children's accounts.
- Payment integration. Works with online fine payment services to let patrons pay fines through the app.
- Social distancing support. Includes a digital library card, curbside pickup support, and patrons can borrow and return items in the library from their device using barcode or RFID.
- Self-service availability. Turn user and staff devices into self-service machines, reducing the need for existing and future self-service hardware.
- Library customization. The menu layout, app colors, and more, are all customizable by the library.
- Consortia options. Member libraries can offer consortium resources while maintaining branding unique to each member library.
- Language preferences. Automatically displays in patrons' native language with 20+ language options.
Public libraries using Sierra or Polaris can request a demo or quote for Innovative Mobile. Current customers can contact their Innovative Account Manager to learn about the new release. For more information, visit https://www.iii.com/products/innovative-mobile/.