London, New York, Berlin -- 31 January 2022. Springer Nature has created a new senior role to support its development of digital solutions and innovative platforms for the research community. Leading an expanded team, Harsh Jegadeesan will join the company from SAP on February 1st as Chief Solutions Officer, reporting into the Chief Executive. This forms part of the company's wider commitment to advancing discovery and accelerating the transition to open research.
As well as driving Springer Nature's digital product and platform growth, Harsh will use his 20 plus years' experience to develop broader AI-powered knowledge solutions utilising the company's databases, analytics and market intelligence capabilities. He will also have responsibility for building partnerships and digital ecosystems to further aid the discovery of knowledge and make science more efficient and effective.
Frank Vrancken Peeters, Chief Executive of Springer Nature, said:
"I am delighted to welcome Harsh to the team. The last two years have put a spotlight on the important role science plays in addressing global issues, and the need for access to be efficient and immediate. We want researchers to have the tools and services they need to succeed, and at the right point in their research and publishing journey."
Speaking of his appointment Harsh Jegadeesan, Chief Solutions Officer, commented:
"Science, research and innovation has an impact on every industry, fuelling human and society's progress. We are on a mission to provide the digital platform, tools and services to help researchers across academia, businesses and research institutions to collaborate and create this step change for every industry and society as a whole. I am excited to be joining the team at Springer Nature where, working directly with the community, we will continue to break down barriers such as language, technology and geography, and further develop the right solutions to support researchers."
Springer Nature has been building successful digital products and platforms over the past 20+ years.
- SpringerLink, Biomedcentral and Nature.com, attract over three million visits per day and over one billion downloads a year
- Nature Research Editing Service and American Journal Experts (AJE) language editing services help researchers maximise the reach and accessibility of their research
- In Review, developed in partnership with Research Square, supports researchers with early sharing of their research by offering preprint sharing with journal submission
- Nature Masterclasses Online provides training for researchers throughout their career development
- Protocols Exchange is the largest protocols repository and, with protocols.io, is now exploring ways in which platforms can support researchers with open science communication and drive innovation in content sharing
About Springer Nature
For over 175 years Springer Nature has been advancing discovery by providing the best possible service to the whole research community. We help researchers uncover new ideas, make sure all the research we publish is significant, robust and stands up to objective scrutiny, that it reaches all relevant audiences in the best possible format, and can be discovered, accessed, used, re-used and shared. We support librarians and institutions with innovations in technology and data; and provide quality publishing support to societies.
As a research publisher, Springer Nature is home to trusted brands including Springer, Nature Portfolio, BMC, Palgrave Macmillan and Scientific American. For more information, please visit springernature.com and @SpringerNature