Innovative, part of Clarivate, has received platinum awards for four products: Mobile Worklists, Vega Discover, the Polaris ILS, and Polaris Leap—and a gold award for Innovative Resource Sharing (INN-Reach) from LibraryWorks' eighth annual Modern Library Awards (MLAs).
The MLAs are awarded to the top products and services in the industry, according to criteria including functionality, value, and customer service. Product submissions were scored by more than 80,000 librarians.
Innovative is dedicated to creating solutions that serve library staff, patrons, donors, and citizens. Receiving the MLA awards is evidence of Innovative's commitment to making the best of existing products and new products to create elegant and simple user experiences.
"Today's library user has high expectations of their library experience—either online or in person—and library staff need tools that keep up with a rapidly evolving library experience. Innovative is committed to building solutions that not only keep pace but set a new standard for the library experience," said Yariv Kursh, General Manager of Innovative. "We're proud of all of our solutions, and believe these awards confirm that we invest our products with the utmost in quality, design, and technology with libraries and librarians in mind."
The Innovative products achieving platinum recognition are:
- Mobile Worklists – One of the market's first native mobile apps for library staff, Mobile Worklists continues to provide comprehensive features for Sierra libraries. It gives library staff flexibility for material handling tasks whether they're at the desk or in the stacks. Mobile Worklists has earned platinum status for seven consecutive years, this year with an overall score of 9.86 on a scale of 1 – 10.
- Vega Discover – Marking its first-year entry in the Modern Library Association awards, Vega Discover helps patrons find search results and content with pinpoint accuracy and relevancy with a simple, intuitive interface that provides the modern experience patrons expect. Vega Discover earned a rating of 9.05 on a scale of 1 – 10.
- Polaris Leap – Polaris Leap has a web interface that can be accessed on a desktop, notebook, or tablet, enabling library staff to serve patrons with the power and functionality of the Polaris ILS from wherever it is most convenient, even when that's outside the library walls. Polaris Leap offers a comprehensive web-based staff experience, and most library staff can complete all their work within Leap.
- Polaris ILS – The Polaris ILS provides a robust and scalable solution with dynamic staff tools and an intuitive interface for patrons that is also open to connections with patrons and their social media, third-party vendors, and resources outside your library. Judges rated Polaris especially highly with a score of 9.33 in relation to other ILS solutions on the market.
The Innovative product achieving gold recognition is:
- Innovative Resource Sharing – Innovative Resource Sharing (INN-Reach) is an easy and cost-effective solution for libraries to offer patrons access to more materials and a better borrowing experience. Patrons love how easy it is to request materials and staff love its automated processing. INN-Reach was marked especially highly compared to competitive products.
For more information about Innovative's award-winning products, visit the Innovative website or call 510-619-3566 to request a demonstration. For complete survey results, visit the Modern Library Awards website: modernlibraryawards.com.