ByWater Solutions, America's forefront provider of Open Source library technology support, announced today that they are providing support and hosting services for the Aspen Open Source Discovery system for the Vermont Organization of Koha Automated Libraries (VOKAL); a project of the Green Mountain Library Consortium
VOKAL has been a long time Koha partner of ours. We were very excited to work with them on adding Aspen Discovery to several of their libraries. Their first and largest round of libraries went live and more will roll out until 39 libraries will all be live on Aspen Discovery!
- Bent Northrop https://bnml.kohavt.org/
- Bristol https://bristol.kohavt.org/
- Brownell https://brownell.kohavt.org/
- Burnham https://burnham.kohavt.org/
- Carpenter-Carse https://ccl.kohavt.org
- Charlotte https://charlotte.kohavt.org/
- Dorothy Alling https://daml.kohavt.org/
- Enosburgh https://enosburgh.kohavt.org/
- Essex Free https://essexfreelibrary.kohav...
- Fair Haven https://fhfl.kohavt.org/
- Fletcher Free https://ffl.kohavt.org/
- Hartford Library https://hartford.kohavt.org/
- Hartland Public https://hartland.kohavt.org/
- Ilsley https://catalog.ilsleypubliclibrary.org/
- Jericho Town http://jtl.kohavt.org/
- Johnson https://johnson.kohavt.org/
- Joslin https://joslin.kohavt.org/
- Lanpher https://lanpherlibrary.kohavt....
- Moretown https://moretown.kohavt.org/
- New Haven https://nhcl.kohavt.org/
- Norwich https://norwichpl.kohavt.org/
- Pierson https://pierson.kohavt.org/
- Richmond Free https://rfl.kohavt.org/
- Rockingham https://rfpl.kohavt.org/
- St. Albans https://stalbans.kohavt.org/
- St. Johnsbury https://stjathenaeum.kohavt.org/
- Stowe https://stowe.kohavt.org/
- Warren https://warren.kohavt.org/
- Westford https://westford.kohavt.org
- Windsor https://windsor.kohavt.org/
- Worthen/South Hero https://worthen.kohavt.org/
Kim Peine of the VOKAL Executive committee recently commented:
The Vermont Organization of Koha Automated Libraries (VOKAL) are so excited to have the opportunity to offer Aspen to 39 of its 62 member libraries. We can't wait to do a second round and add the rest of the libraries. The Aspen team has been wonderful to work with and has helped us in every way possible navigate the nuances of our unique public libraries. Like ByWater, they are super responsive and creative. Our patrons have nothing but positive things to say about their new browsing experience. We look forward to being more involved with the Aspen community in the future!"
The Vermont Organization of Koha Automated Libraries (VOKAL) is a project of the Green Mountain Library Consortium dedicated to creating a shared catalog and Integrated Library System.
In late 2007, three Vermont libraries joined with a representative from the Vermont Department of Libraries to explore a replacement ILS for Follett, the system currently used by the three libraries. After exploring many options, the group settled on Koha, an open-source ILS solution originally created in New Zealand.
In May of 2008, the group chose the name VOKAL - the Vermont Organization of Koha Automated Libraries - as a name for the group and the project.
Initially, VOKAL's Koha project was implemented on a stand-alone system. In October of 2010, VOKAL implemented a consortium version of the ILS and began migrating member libraries into the shared system. By January 2011, 4 libraries had been migrated.
Today VOKAL has grown to 59 libraries. Read more at https://www.gmlc.org/index.php/vokal
About ByWater Solutions
ByWater Solutions is a full service, high quality Open Source support and implementation company dedicated to providing libraries with a lower cost, more advanced level of support for their systems than a traditional proprietary solution can offer. ByWater Solutions has a proven track record in first rate implementation and support services with library systems of all sizes for the Koha ILS, Aspen Discovery, Folio LSP, Coral ERM, and Libki PC Management.
Our highly ranked, comprehensive support is what sets our company apart from any other vendor in the industry. Partnering with ByWater Solutions not only lowers the cost of implementation and maintenance of OSS, but more importantly empowers libraries by giving them the flexibility and freedom they deserve. For more information please visit: https://bywatersolutions.com.
About Aspen Discovery
Aspen is a full-featured Discovery System that integrates with e-content and other 3rd party providers, giving your patrons comprehensive access to all of your materials in one place. Aspen combines your library catalog with e-content, digital archives and enrichment from all major third party providers, improves relevancy and ease of use, provides native reading recommendations, displays all formats of titles within one result (FRBR) and much more. Aspen was created to give users an improved experience over other Discovery systems with less of an impact on library budgets. For more information about Aspen please visit: https://bywatersolutions.com/projects/aspen-discovery