DUBLIN, Ohio, 28 September 2021. OCLC has signed new agreements with leading publishers and other content providers around the world to add metadata for high-quality electronic and print books, journals, databases, and other learning materials that will make their content discoverable through WorldCat Discovery.
"OCLC continues to expand our partnerships with international organizations that offer valuable content in a variety of disciplines," said Chip Nilges, OCLC Vice President, Business Development. "Some of these new agreements are with new content providers. Some are with providers with whom we have existing relationships and are adding new collections. We are committed to providing access to a wide range of content through libraries to support faculty, students and other information seekers around the world."
OCLC has agreements in place with more than 400 publishers, aggregators, and other content providers to supply metadata to facilitate discovery and access to key resources. OCLC recently signed agreements with the following providers:
- BSC, The Charter Institute for IT, based in London, UK, is ensuring the digital journey is safe and positive for everyone, by raising standards of competence and conduct across the IT industry and tackling the ethical challenges being faced along the way.
- Casalini Libri, based in Fiesole, Italy, is a leading supplier of publications to libraries. Its Torrossa digital platform hosts a wide array of scholarly e-books and e-journals in the Humanities and Social Sciences and represents over 350 publishers, primarily from Europe and the UK, with numbers and available content increasing weekly.
- CBC/Radio-Canada, based in Ottawa, Canada, is a Canadian federal Crown corporation that serves as the national public broadcaster for both radio and television.
- Firenze University Press, based in Florence, Italy, a Department of the University of Florence, publishes high quality Open Access research monographs, edited volumes and peer-reviewed journals, and supports the dissemination and impact of the scientific research promoted by its hosting institution.
- Grand View Research, based in San Francisco, California, USA, provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. The Grand View Research database is used by the world's renowned academic institutions and Fortune 500 companies to understand the global and regional business environment.
- International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, is the world's foremost authority on cross-border taxation, the home of international taxation. IBFD is the pre-eminent, independent (non-profit) foundation that tax practitioners from all over the world rely on for high-quality independent tax knowledge and research.
- MediaOnlineLibrary, based in Bologna, Italy, is the first Italian network of public, academic, and scholastic libraries for digital lending. To date, this network includes more than 5,500 libraries from 19 Italian regions and 9 foreign countries.
- MyJoVE Corporation, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, is the world-leading producer and provider of science videos with the mission to improve scientific research and education. Millions of scientists, educators and students at thousands of universities, colleges, hospitals and biopharmaceutical companies worldwide use JoVE for their research, teaching and learning.
- Now Publishers, based in Norwell, Massacheustts, USA, and the Netherlands, is an international academic press of peer-reviewed publications in Business, Economics, Computer Science and Engineering. In addition to books and journals, the marquee product Foundations and Trends is acclaimed as a "go to" resource for graduate students and senior researchers looking for a high-level introduction to a new area.
- OpenStax, based in Houston, Texas, USA, and part of Rice University, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable corporation that publishes high-quality, peer-reviewed, openly licensed college textbooks that are free online and low cost in print.
- Portland Press, based in London, UK, works in partnership with researchers, institutions, and funders to share knowledge and advance the molecular biosciences and publishing world-leading research and reviews across a portfolio of seven journals.
- Schweizerbart Science Publishers, based in Stuttgart, Germany, is an independent scholarly publishing house of books and journals in the Earth and environmental sciences (geology, mineralogy, paleontology), biosciences (plant sciences, zoology, phycology), aquatic ecology and human biology.
- Springer Publishing Company, based in New York, New York, USA, is publisher of healthcare and behavioral sciences resources, featuring books, apps, journals, and digital products including textbooks and exam prep tools. Digital and print products are designed with optimal outcomes in mind: for the learner, the patient, and the client.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education, based in Washington, D.C., USA, has the nation's largest newsroom dedicated to covering colleges and universities.
- The Optical Society, based in Washington, D.C., USA, has a mission to promote the generation, dissemination, and application of knowledge in optics and photonics. OSA serves the global community through content and events that are authoritative, accessible, and archived, and through its education, advocacy, and outreach programs.
- UCL Press, based in London, UK, was established as the UK's first fully open access university press in 2015. UCL Press has fast become one of the leading open access scholarly publishers in the UK, publishing both traditional peer-reviewed scholarly works and innovative research outputs.
- United Nations Publications, based in New York, New York, USA, publishes products including books, statistical databases, and other digital resources comprising facts and expertise on international peace and security, human rights, gender issues, economic and social development, international trade, climate change, international law, governance, public health, transportation, and statistics.
- Verlag Barbara Budrich, based in Leverkusen, Germany, is an international publisher of books and journals in Education, Gender Studies, Political Science, Public Policy, Social Work, and Sociology.
By providing metadata and other descriptive content, these partnerships help libraries represent their electronic and physical collections more completely and efficiently. More about WorldCat Discovery and OCLC partnerships is on the OCLC website.
OCLC is a nonprofit global library organization providing shared technology services, original research and community programs so that libraries can better fuel learning, research and innovation. Through OCLC, member libraries cooperatively produce and maintain WorldCat, the most comprehensive global network of data about library collections and services. Libraries gain efficiencies through OCLC's WorldShare, a complete set of library management applications and services built on an open, cloud-based platform. It is through collaboration and sharing of the world's collected knowledge that libraries can help people find answers they need to solve problems. Together as OCLC, member libraries, staff and partners make breakthroughs possible.