The Library Corporation (TLC) is pleased to announce its new partnership with SOLUS to provide a world-leading mobile library app to customers using their CARL, Library.Solution, and Library.Solution for Schools integrated library systems in the public, K-12, and academic library markets.
TLC.Go! will provide an additional option to TLC customers who may already be using the responsive platforms in mobile environments, as well as the mobile app wrapper available with CARL. The new mobile app will provide:
- A highly configurable Content Management System allowing for logos, colors/fonts, field labels, menu layouts, and ability to schedule content
- Support of 24 current languages
- Curbside pickup functionality for libraries that will continue a pick-up service post-COVID
- A digital library card that can support linked accounts (family members, elder care, etc.)
- Links to social media feeds and calendar/event programs
- Ability to search the catalog, place/cancel holds, pay fines (to supported ePayment gateways), switch language, etc.
- A cost-effective consortium option to allow member libraries to have their own branding, eContent, link to local calendar and social media feeds at a fraction of the price of a full app
- Optional contactless self-checkout via RFID or barcode for borrowers using their own smartphone
- Scan ISBN of book at local bookstores, friends, etc. to determine if item is at the local or school library
Neil Wishart, CEO of SOLUS, stated, "TLC has continued to be a leader in its markets for both the CARL community and Library.Solution products. We look forward to enhancing their product matrix to serve their markets and extend their customer reach to include mobile smartphones and tablets."
Annette Murphy, TLC founder and CEO, announced, "Partnering with SOLUS will allow TLC to expand our offerings and bring more options to help our valuable customers better serve their communities in this modern and mobile era."
For more information on TLC.Go!, please reach out to a representative at email@example.com.
About The Library Corporation
TLC has operated continuously under the same ownership since 1974 and employs over 200 people dedicated to delivering enterprise software and hardware solutions to public, school, academic, and special libraries worldwide. TLC's cumulative products are deployed in more than 1,100 organizations, representing over 5,500 locations in North America and worldwide. TLC is certified by the U.S. General Services Administration, Women's Business Enterprise National Council, and the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program. TLC's Headquarters is based in Inwood, W.Va., and has additional offices in Colorado, Minnesota, and Singapore.